Space Port build rules

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

LarryVE

Space Port build rules

Post by LarryVE »

I am using automation in several areas. One of them is space port build orders. I find this to be a good and bad approach; e.g., the orders for the space port extend to over 30 distinct builds. I want build some military ships but can't get them in the build sequence ahead of freighters.

Is there a way to shift build priorities or eliminate builds so that I can accelerate the military ships I need?
feygan

RE: Space Port build rules

Post by feygan »

You can manually fiddle with the build queue, but the problem will come back again next time yoru spaceport builds lots of private sector ships. For me I find it easier to have a set rally/strong point in certain parts of the map where I turn off automation for that spaceport, this I use only for military ships so I can get them to the fight quickly. But it also lets the others get on with building the freighters etc that your economy needs. Micromanaging them all would be hell at anything more than 8-10 systems.
Data

Post by Data »

not sure if this is still the case but I think the automation on the spaceport is not relevant....they still continue to service both military and civilian build orders
maybe the distance insures that the civilians never build there
at any rate, good ideas feygan
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
elanaahova

Post by elanaahova »

ORIGINAL: Data

not sure if this is still the case but I think the automation on the spaceport is not relevant....they still continue to service both military and civilian build orders
maybe the distance insures that the civilians never build there
at any rate, good ideas feygan

Yes, data, they do contine to service both civ and state ship construction orders. All one can do, as stated above, is adjust the ship building queue. Auto or manual will both have civilian ship orders happen at your construction yards. No getting around it, as far as i can tell.
"Banging rocks together... thats the ticket to a better tomorrow."
Data

Post by Data »

well, you know that sometimes we discover bases, among which there are also some with construction yards....i've never seen the civ ships being built there but I suspected the lack of resources as the reason

maybe the great distance from a known colony is the cause and that would allow us to have dedicated construction yards where no civ ship building would interfere with our milirary; but even so suplying them with resources (before we make the actual order for the ship) is not feasible atm

i think it's already on the wishlist, if we could have some options to control or rent freighters from the pirvate sector so that we could supply what we want and where we want (for the military exclusively) this would make this idea viable
i requested this for construction ships for example so that they don't return to resupply each time a new construction order is given
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
tofudog

Post by tofudog »

Deleting build orders on military ships refunds only half the price - is there a corresponding penalty to deleting civilian orders?
I never specifically watched out for that, as I tend to take the long approach - which means retrofitting to larger build capacity if the problem persists and so save a few thousand credits for getting my ships later.
Or I lose the port anyway, before a rearranged build order could do much good. Happens too.
WANT... MORE... MODDABILITY...
Data

Post by Data »

Deleting build orders on military ships refunds only half the price - is there a corresponding penalty to deleting civilian orders?

Never tested this either but in the case of civ ships I think you'd lose that money, seeing that the private sector pays you to build them. And we can't monitor the private sector in such detail as to observe if they get half the money back..or the tax that they pay you
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

You don't have to delete orders, you can click and drag your military ships to the top of the queue as far as I remember (I'm getting rusty, its been about 5 weeks since I played now) [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Data

Post by Data »

5 weeks without playing doesn't include modding, his lose is our gain actually [:)]
elanaahova

Post by elanaahova »

ORIGINAL: Data

5 weeks without playing doesn't include modding, his lose is our gain actually [:)]

so true. I salute you, Woodman!
"Banging rocks together... thats the ticket to a better tomorrow."

Return to “The War Room”