New GUI mod. WIP

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

[Red_Guard]

New GUI mod. WIP

Post by [Red_Guard] »

Hola All,

Trying to come up with a more "historical" and yet simple GUI for the game. This is just a splash screen template for initial review.
I may, or may not, go ahead depending on RL commitments :-(

Note to moderators and everyone else: I do not support or condone the Nazi ideology and its symbols. This eventual mod is simply to add historical references to the game.

Anyway, comments & critics welcome.

Red
Attachments
splash1.jpg
splash1.jpg (268.29 KiB) Viewed 153 times
cookie monster

RE: New GUI mod. WIP

Post by cookie monster »

I like it.[8D]
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

nice so far :)
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Hard hitting, dramatic. Keep going!
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Interesting...in a Dr. Strangelove sort of way.
Krupinski

Post by Krupinski »

Very nice!

It would be great, if you can create a version with a dominant german side.
cause i like to play the german side [;)]

thank you!
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

Looks nice!  I wouldn't worry to much about the Nazi symbol garbage, after all the Egypian's used it in there art work no one is making a statement about them[:D].  Enough of my ranting.....good work, keep it up sir.
[Red_Guard]

Post by [Red_Guard] »

Thx all for the kind comments. Still working on it and moving forward but would need some quick & probably simple assistance...
Can anyone indicate me which are the files for the long grey-ish & small square buttons on the main menu page? I have been unable to find them so far in the Art folder.

Thx
Red
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Interface folder (at work and off the top of my head...) forgot name of exact file but think its a tga
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Dietrich1941

Post by Dietrich1941 »

Not actually seeing a swastika is only the result of some whiners that don't even play wargames. Nobody said a word back in 1970's when we were playing "War in the East" or any number of board wargames. We never thought twice about it or had to fight off urges to convert to Nazism. FYI, the Soviets murdered a hell of a lot more people for far far less reason than the Nazis. So if we are going to offend somebody by showing a swastika then consider the millions slaughtered in the Soviet Gulags or in ditches all over eastern and central Europe and replace that stupid Soviet flag as well. Otherwise when we see the Red Hammer and Cycle without the standard "I'm not a Communist nor do I support their Ideology" disclaimer we'll have to assume you're a pinko. Put the the real period symbols in by mod. A lot, if not the vast majority of us know the difference between the Kaiser Reich and the Hitler regime and would rather see historical correctness than political correctness. It has no place in historical wargaming.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Actually, it is the result of the symbol being banned in Germany. Against the law to show it, not because of anything some american might think.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Banned from public here, as well as in some else European countries. But that doesn't mean we feel offended by historical signs or would refrain from modding games after purchase.

Regarding the intro screen: I would use a pseudo cyrillic font for the WITE characters.
Dietrich1941

Post by Dietrich1941 »

[&o]  That is true enough, and marketing the same version there isn't possible. I get it.  They have to pander to the usual suspects while polishing Soviet war memorials.  It's like the Hungarians said.  "We would gladly suffer another world war on our own territory, just spare us another liberation."   Lets get a real graphics mod out there.  I haven't seen German military symbols since studying the "Lage Ost" maps a few decades ago.  BTW, is there a German language manual available? 

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”