New customer here

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

David Clark

New customer here

Post by David Clark »

Hi everyone.

I just purchased the game, and I wanted to let Matrix know that the reason I finally pushed BUY (after weeks of lurking on the forum). The level of post-release support you've shown this title has been terrific - I feel confident that you're monitoring the customer feedback posted here, and that you'll deal with any technical issues as they arise.

The product got me interested, but only the post-release support made me comfortable enough to spend the money. Thank you.

David Clark
abulbulian

RE: New customer here

Post by abulbulian »

You won't regret your purchase. The developers behind this game have always put out quality games even back in the days when Gary and Joel were at SSI. You can expect any issue that the game might experience to be fixed promptly in patches. It's been everything I expected and more. Sure there is some tweaking to do with play balance and some minor bugs, but that is normal for a game of this magnitude and scale. Also, this forum is very active with knowledge people that will offer prompt assistance to any of your queries.

[8D]
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Pawsy

Post by Pawsy »

welcome and second the above.
Shadow Empire beta tester
valor and victory beta tester
DW2 DLC beta tester
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Welcome to the boards. They are a great source of game information and resources. This is a great comunity.
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

RobWorham

Post by RobWorham »

Just purchased WitE too!

I've been lurking since the New Year and I've been following along with the forums.

Downloading as I type...... (83%)

One question. Can anyone recommend some good 'overall view' books on the Eastern Front, so I can brush up on my research. I've tried searching the forums, but with little success.....

Cheers!
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: RobWorham

Just purchased WitE too!

I've been lurking since the New Year and I've been following along with the forums.

Downloading as I type...... (83%)

One question. Can anyone recommend some good 'overall view' books on the Eastern Front, so I can brush up on my research. I've tried searching the forums, but with little success.....

Cheers!

There is a reason you had no luck using the search function-it does not really exist. I don't mean there is no 'search' button to select, there is, but it has never worked. No need to quibble over why SEARCH DOES NOT work. I prefer the great guys a Matrix focus on the important stuff--giving us great games like WitE.

Try this for Eastern Front books:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2677115
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
RobWorham

Post by RobWorham »

Excellent and thank you!

I've never been great at using the search functions of any of the forums I frequent, and couldn't find the needle by manually searching through the forum - kept getting sidetracked by all the excellent threads! ;)
parusski

Post by parusski »

Oh I know what you mean about getting side tracked. I always intend to visit the Matrix forums for a specific game(currently WitE), but end up reading everything else-even spambot posts.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Welcome Aboard and say good bye to any life outside this and work. I am about to wear out my check email button looking for my next turn.

Any questions, just ask and we will try to answer.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

I just broke down and bought this today myself. Ive played the tutorial three times tonight as the Germans and I notice that the AI seems much more aggressive when FOW is turned on.
And so the the learning has begun. :)
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

The developers behind this game have always put out quality games even back in the days when Gary and Joel were at SSI.

Who?

Attachments
WITE.jpg
WITE.jpg (46.58 KiB) Viewed 114 times
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”