A sad day indeed!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

A sad day indeed!

Post by crsutton »

My top pilot, Maj. Landers failed to return from a fighter sweep of Munda. He is listed as MIA. We can only pray that he is alive and safely returned to his unit in time.

Attachments
sadday.jpg
sadday.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 24 times
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
d0mbo

RE: A sad day indeed!

Post by d0mbo »

My provisional condoleances.

AbeSimpson

Post by AbeSimpson »

He will rise again!!
I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

He'll come back, trust me. [;)]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

My top pilot, Maj. Landers failed to return from a fighter sweep of Munda. He is listed as MIA. We can only pray that he is alive and safely returned to his unit in time.

His busybody wife, Ann, advises everyone should seek counseling.
The Moose
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I see Lawlor is your No.2. In my current Ironman game he No.1.

A damn fine pilot, but as a matter of course I always root for Boyington.

He was my leader in my last game, but has been struggling to get kills ever since he took over command of his squadron when Newkirk got wounded in action.

p.s. Every pilot visible on this portion of the list is stationed in Rangoon and getting action almost every day.
Attachments
TopPilots.jpg
TopPilots.jpg (113.57 KiB) Viewed 22 times
Hans

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

As a matter of practice do you fly these boys until some son of the Rising Sun gets lucky?  No rotation home or training command?

Buck
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

His busybody wife, Ann, advises everyone should seek counseling.

hehe, you goofball [:D]
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

As a matter of practice do you fly these boys until some son of the Rising Sun gets lucky?  No rotation home or training command?

Buck

Haven't yet taken the steps to learn how to manipulate pilots with regard to training command and so forth. The AVG pilots fly until the AVG withdraws and then the pilots end up in the pool and reassigned all over the place by the AI. Last game I found Boyington languishing in a P39 squadron in a US restricted command so I transferred him out.

The reason for my kill counts being what they are is because I find that it is perfectly possible to hold Rangoon against the AI even in the Ironman scenario. While I realize Rangoon could never be held against a determined human opponent, the AI allows for the pursuit of this strategy. It makes for a very fun fight. You get lots of daily air activity.

So I guess the straight answer is no I don't rotate, I give the Allied pilots a chance to gain the kinds of total kill counts the Germans and Japanese aces achieved as a result of having fought the entire war.
Hans

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Boyington was quickly promoted to "inactive" squadron leader and did not get a single kill. He does command a unit. Landers had been in the fight from the outset, scoring most of his kills in a P40k. I really hope he comes back alive. It gets personal...
Some of my marine pilots in corsairs are doing very well and moving up fast.

Bong has yet to get a kill. His squadron has been in OZ and not gotten much fighting. They just got the new P38H so I expect more from him.

On another subject. Sam Dealy in Harder just got nailed by Japanese ASW for the third time and is headed back to Pearl for repairs. He has yet to sink a single Japanese ships. If it were not for his reputation, I would relieve him..[:@]

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Xxzard

Post by Xxzard »

As if we're not already spending enough time on this game... make it personal!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Boyington was quickly promoted to "inactive" squadron leader and did not get a single kill. He does command a unit. Landers had been in the fight from the outset, scoring most of his kills in a P40k. I really hope he comes back alive. It gets personal...

Bong has yet to get a kill. His squadron has been in OZ and not gotten much fighting. They just got the new P38H so I expect more from him.

On another subject. Sam Dealy in Harder just got nailed by Japanese ASW for the third time and is headed back to Pearl for repairs. He has yet to sink a single Japanese ships. If it were not for his reputation, I would relieve him..[:@]
Yankee dog: Have you considered that your SS commanders are underperforming because of their inherent cowardice? And that your fighter pilots are not living up to their historical expectations because of their exceptionally poor theater commander? Just a thought. [:'(]
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Xxzard

As if we're not already spending enough time on this game... make it personal!

The ability to track the performance of individuals, select your favorites and root for them is a big part of the depth and richness of the game.[:)]
Hans

morganbj

Post by morganbj »

He's fine. I just looked and he's still getting kills in my game. [;)]
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Oldguard1970

Post by Oldguard1970 »

Now THIS post is personal! [:D]
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Yankee dog: Have you considered that your SS commanders are underperforming because of their inherent cowardice? And that your fighter pilots are not living up to their historical expectations because of their exceptionally poor theater commander? Just a thought. [:'(]
"Rangers Lead the Way!"
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: OldGuard1970

Now THIS post is personal! [:D]
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Yes, I am being baited! [:D]

Ok, you guys. Post your top pilots and the date. Email games only. I don't want to see any AI heros.....

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I don't want to see any AI heros.....

It's the same A2A code.
The Moose
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

I don't want to see any AI heros.....

It's the same A2A code.

It's OK moose, we're all big boys here. I'm used to the slights directed toward us poor handicapped AI players who will never be as uber as our email gaming counterparts. It doesn't get under my skin. But thanks for standing up for us anyway. [;)]
Hans

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

What's going on??? I did not realize that AI players were even allowed to use this forum!!! Egad, have we sunk this low? [;)]

Ok, Im sorry. Everyone post their top pilots. It will be fun to see....

Sigismund of Luxemburg
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Will do after I get the turn back. Mind you, it is not that spectacular.. I am sure my opp has much higher scoring pilots ( I am playing the Japanese)
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”