Merging Units

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

pat.casey

Merging Units

Post by pat.casey »

I can't tell if I'm missing something or this is a bug, but what exactly should I have to do to get units to merge together?

For example in the barbarossa scenario (1941) playing as the axis I have at least 2 german and 1 finnish division that begin the game broken down into regiments.

I (naively) put all 3 regiments in the same hex.
I then clicked on one of the regiments and brought up the detail screen.
Sure enough, there's the merge button.
Click the merge button.
Dialog comes up that says "Merge Unit Yes/No"
Choose Yes
I get a message saying "no units in that hex may be merged" or something to that effect and no merge happens.

Is there a trick to this, or is this just a bug?
alfonso

RE: Merging Units

Post by alfonso »

If I understand you correctly, what you are trying to do is not "merging", but "build up" a Division from its regiments. You have to press the "b" key when they are in the same hex.(Manual, page 135)
Klydon

Post by Klydon »

You can only merge regiments of the same division back together for the Axis. Unfortunately the 163rd infantry division only has two regiments in play, so you can't reform the division.

For the Soviets, the merge function is used to combine divisions for cav corps and either 2 divisions + 1 brigade or 3 divisions together for infantry corps. For Tank or mech corps, its all brigades of the appropriate type.
pat.casey

Post by pat.casey »

ORIGINAL: alfonso

If I understand you correctly, what you are trying to do is not "merging", but "build up" a Division from its regiments. You have to press the "b" key when they are in the same hex.(Manual, page 135)

Thanks, I bet that was my problem.

Return to “Tech Support”