mud on turn 4?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

gravyhair

mud on turn 4?

Post by gravyhair »

Has anyone else seen this? I had three panzer divisions two hexes from Smolensk, and then ... mud. It only lasted one turn, but that was enough. Is this a compensating mechanism for an Axis player who is getting too far ahead? Just curious. Maybe I'm flattering myself ... ;-)

EDIT - this was under 1.03b
Wise Men Still Seek Him
2ndACR

RE: mud on turn 4?

Post by 2ndACR »

Yep, all the time with random weather turned on.
usecase

Post by usecase »

Check out p. 290 of the manual. No mud turns in June '41, so you won't grind to a halt at the border, but you've got a ~ 6-7% chance of a mud turn in July. There's a caveat (see p. 289) - there will be at most one mud turn per weather zone 19th June - 30th September.

2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

No 6% chance, I see mud turn 4 every time, so now plan accordingly. Wait until you have mud turn 4 on 1/2 the map and then mud on turn 5 for the other 1/2. Then you hit Aug and get smacked again like that.
gravyhair

Post by gravyhair »

Good to know it's not triggered by Axis success, which would be a bit ... gamey.
Wise Men Still Seek Him
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Sometimes I wonder about that though. I have had the mud hit me right at the exact wrong time. Russians do swear that General Mud is the next best weapon to General Winter.
MilRevKo

Post by MilRevKo »

No mud on turn four.

Mud on turn seven yes, used it to build up hq' supply and organise front for the German vs, Computer.

Turn eight I was able to shatter a recod number of Soviet untis
Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”