I love game design in this game

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Jakerson

I love game design in this game

Post by Jakerson »

I own multiple Gary Grigsby's games and I think this game is one of the best of them. I just love how easy it is control units in this game after you learn color code system and couple most important hotkeys. Still there are a lot of things going inside the game engine especially in the logistic system which is probably best and most accurate ever seen in any war game but it is not too burdensome to player.

Oleg Mastruko

RE: I love game design in this game

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Short and to the point [:D]

goodwoodrw

RE: I love game design in this game

Post by goodwoodrw »

Yer I think I can agree, I have several GG games and you get lost in the detail (WITP in particular) the eastern front is my least favourite WW2 subject, but I have really got into WITE. The reason being I think, but not 100% sure is the smaller Scenarios have the ability to help me in the learning curve. Perhaps in comparison with WITP you get into the action a lot quicker and easier.I think I need play some more before making any further comment, as I haven't really made a serious assault on the major campaign scenario.
Formerly Goodwood

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”