Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

MarkFroio

Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset

Post by MarkFroio »

I'm having some problems running this game. I'm wondering if it's because I don't have a dedicated video card and that I've got the Express Chipset.

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit on an HP computer with an Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.50GHz with 6 gigs of RAM. I've checked to make sure that Direct X is up to date, and my device manager tells me that my drivers are up to date. I've updated the game to the current version.

After the first installation, the game would crash about every 4th time that I started it. Sometimes while picking a scenario, other times before the game would load at all, other times when I tried to enlarge the window. I uninstalled and reinstalled and had the same problem.

While searching for help on the forum, I saw that someone had success with having the game run under XP mode. I tried this and it seemed to work fine for a while, but then it crashed again. However, I had no problems when I was enlarging the Window.

When I say "crash" I mean that I get the Window warning that says "The program is not responding. Windows will search for a solution".

Can all this be caused because I've got the Intel Express Chipset as my display adaper?

Also, and I think this is unrelated but maybe not, when I do try to start the game I get the warning window that states "User Account Control, Program name: Autorun.exe, Publisher:Unknown, File Orgin: Computer Hard Drive, Do you want to allow this program to run?" This is not that big a deal, but it is annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Helpless

RE: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset

Post by Helpless »

Looks very similar to this one - tm.asp?m=2672279

Can you post the dxdiag?
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

I did see that problem on the forum, but it seems to have gone away now that I'm running the game under XP. But I'm still having the program stop responding problem.

Here's the dxdiag from Sunday.

Thanks.
Attachments
DxDiagJan..92011.txt
(35.36 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

Any luck with this?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Nothing too special. I'll ask Keith if he can think of what could be causing those integrated Intel chipset to have problems run WITE. As google tells, WITE is not unique app which have problems with those drivers.
Pavel Zagzin
jomni

Post by jomni »

I'm playing WITE on a laptop with Intel GMA HD.  Though it is also an integrated graphics solution, it is more powerful.  No crashes on my system but  a bit slow as I only have a power-saving i3 1.2GHz Dual Core for my processor. 
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I'm playing WITE on a laptop with Intel GMA HD. Though it is also an integrated graphics solution, it is more powerful. No crashes on my system but a bit slow as I only have a power-saving i3 1.2GHz Dual Core for my processor.

Do you have the same driver?

Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igdumdx32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.1912 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.1912
Pavel Zagzin
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

The game plays better on my 7 year old desktop with only 1gig of shared ram than it does on my newer laptop with 4gig of ram. Both have a version of the Intel Express Chipset! Now the laptop does play the AI side faster, but that's all. Mouse clicks are better on the desktop and it scrolls smoother!!

I think that if I add another gig of ram, it will be much better?
Tony
jomni

Post by jomni »

My Intel driver is 8.15.2202

I can't really complain about the slowness as I only have a Ultra Low Voltage 1.2GHz dual core processor with hyperthreading (total of 4 threads)... which is below the 1.5GHz minimum requirement.  Mouse clicks are slow as well. 
BTW, I also have Win 7 64 bit.  Do you think that causes problems?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

BTW, I also have Win 7 64 bit. Do you think that causes problems?

From game point of view it shouldn't matter (I'm compiling it under Win7 64 bit). But you never know if there is any features in the driver for particular platform.
Pavel Zagzin
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

Thanks for looking into this.

I've tried updating the drivers manually and with the automatic updates, and I keep getting a message that my drivers are up to day. Running it in XP mode has helped a lot, but it still crashes enough that it's a pain.

Also, any luck with this:

...... I think this is unrelated but maybe not, when I do try to start the game I get the warning window that states "User Account Control, Program name: Autorun.exe, Publisher:Unknown, File Orgin: Computer Hard Drive, Do you want to allow this program to run?" This is not that big a deal, but it is annoying.

Other than these problems I really love this game.

Thanks.
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

I did a third uninstal/reinstall and it seems to be working fne. It hasn't crashed in about 12 hours of playint time. Still using the WinXP mode.

Still wondering about this problem:

I think this is unrelated but maybe not, when I do try to start the game I get the warning window that states "User Account Control, Program name: Autorun.exe, Publisher:Unknown, File Orgin: Computer Hard Drive, Do you want to allow this program to run?" This is not that big a deal, but it is annoying.

madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

ORIGINAL: Max VonLoben

Thanks for looking into this.

I've tried updating the drivers manually and with the automatic updates, and I keep getting a message that my drivers are up to day. Running it in XP mode has helped a lot, but it still crashes enough that it's a pain.

Also, any luck with this:

...... I think this is unrelated but maybe not, when I do try to start the game I get the warning window that states "User Account Control, Program name: Autorun.exe, Publisher:Unknown, File Orgin: Computer Hard Drive, Do you want to allow this program to run?" This is not that big a deal, but it is annoying.

Other than these problems I really love this game.

Thanks.

Do what most of us do and disable the UAC and be done with it. You will sleep better to.

Madgamer2
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
MarkFroio

Post by MarkFroio »

Madgamer,

How do I do I disable the UAC? Can I do that for just this game?

I'm always looking for ways to sleep better.

Thanks.
molchomor

Post by molchomor »

Google is your friend, google "disable UAC" and you'll see why...

cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Max VonLoben

Madgamer,

How do I do I disable the UAC? Can I do that for just this game?

To disabe UAC

Go to Windows button bottom LH Corner

in search box type user accounts

Open user accounts

Disable inside

Return to “Tech Support”