Weapons from Ruins, how can you tell if.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Larsenex

Weapons from Ruins, how can you tell if.

Post by Larsenex »

I have been tinkering with a game. When you 'discover' a weapon froma ruin such as 'Super Death Ray' or 'Super Beam Weapon', how can I tell if it is incorporated into my ship designs? In otherwords I want to make sure this great discovery of tech is installed on my new ships.

Also when I am fighting I noticed that the graphics for weapons is the same. Is this correct? Seems like all the weapons are 'visually' the same regardless of weapon or race. Can anyone give me some enlightenment?

When I play a sandbox type game where my only victory condition is 80% of Galaxy controlled, do I want to enable or disable the Shakturi storylines and stuff?

Thanks much!

Whats the deal with Giant Kaltors in space debris fields?

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
Data

RE: Weapons from Ruins, how can you tell if.

Post by Data »

giant kaltors thing....added difficulty measure

you can check if a weapon is incorporated in the designs just as any other component via the design for a ship..no quick way to check for all of them at once but you can order them by the created date and check the newly modified ones
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
WoodMan

RE: Weapons from Ruins, how can you tell if.

Post by WoodMan »

I have been tinkering with a game. When you 'discover' a weapon froma ruin such as 'Super Death Ray' or 'Super Beam Weapon', how can I tell if it is incorporated into my ship designs? In otherwords I want to make sure this great discovery of tech is installed on my new ships.

Check in your ship design screen (even if you use automated designs you can still go in and check the design without changing it and without disabling the automation).  For a ship already built and flying around select it and then double click the window of it in the bottom left, it will show you its components.
Also when I am fighting I noticed that the graphics for weapons is the same. Is this correct? Seems like all the weapons are 'visually' the same regardless of weapon or race. Can anyone give me some enlightenment?

Different weapons have different graphics, but some (for example all missles I think) share the same graphics.  Your lasers should be different colours.  For example, the first laser is red, the second is green.  Some of the techs in the tech tree improve your existing weapon and not give you a new weapon, so you won't see the graphics change for those.
When I play a sandbox type game where my only victory condition is 80% of Galaxy controlled, do I want to enable or disable the Shakturi storylines and stuff?

I guess its down to personal preference, if its your first game or you haven't experienced the storylines before I would personally recommend leaving the victory conditions at default, playing with both storylines and playing with 20 Empires set up manually so you get 1 of every race.
Whats the deal with Giant Kaltors in space debris fields?

They are part of the storyline [;)]

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”