help me give Elliot and Matrix the money

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Data

help me give Elliot and Matrix the money

Post by Data »

i want to buy this game, i want to buy it so bad
but i seem not to have any experience or options for this here in Romania: no paypal, no ideea how phone or fax works, moneybrokers sounds dubious enough, no secure credit card online, local bank transfer does not list my country
only wire transfer seems to be feasible but i have one account in RON not $

i've sent a pm to erik also a few days ago but i guess he's tied up

so here is the question and plea for help. How did you do it? What is the best way to do it without banging my head with the banking system?
these questions are mostly for my european fellows as I think in US things are much smoother

thx
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
LoBaron

RE: help me give Elliot and Matrix the money

Post by LoBaron »

Data maybe I don´t understand the issue but to me it seems Romania is perfectly well and healthy.
Or did you mean you do not own a credit card?

Data

Post by Data »

that is the tab for the country of residence, try selecting the local bank transfer as a payment method and in the subtab that appears Romania is not listed, I think this service is not yet available here
i do have a credit card but the bank told me that for this i'll need a new one and i'm trying to avoid the headache
i will do it, tough, for this great game and great team if no other solution is available
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

TBH I have no experience with other methods of payment. Sorry. [:(]
Data

Post by Data »

np, LoBaron, thank you for your input
Tacit_Exit

Post by Tacit_Exit »

Maybe you could buy one of those pre-paid credit cards?
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

Well Matrix also sells a boxed version, so is there anyway you could go to some local video game store and have them order it for you?

Also, I don't understand why you can't buy this yourself? Why exactly do you not have paypal or your credit cards will not work? Surely, Romania participates in global commerce.
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
Lord_Astraios

Post by Lord_Astraios »

I used Paypal to buy both games,  Paypal should accept all countries since there is no list in my end,  i just have to write in the country i live in.

Also to transfer funds to Paypal you need few things.  From a bank,  i dont know how the banks works over there but you need the number of your bank account,  security number for it and the routing number,  the routing number can be given by the bank clerk,  their website or the checks have that number in a corner.

Do you own a creditcard?  If yes,  directly to the matrix store you can buy it,  i think you already know that but if you dont own one,  get a prepaid one,  in some stores sells them,  or a very good friend that have one,  ask him or her to buy it for you in return they help you and you give in the cash.
*That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.
Data

Post by Data »

good ideas with the prepaid card and asking at a local store, will explore those next
thx guys, great community here
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

I am assuming with all of your recent forum activity ([:D]) that you found a way to purchase the game!

Welcome to the DW community.

Also enjoyed your analysis of what happens when you build a colony that already has a mining station. Then you made a comment that myself and many others have stated, the game environment feels alive and this is what makes the game stand out.
Data

Post by Data »

thank you lordxorn
i was also one of the many disbelievers that a good (not even great) 4x game will ever be made...at least one to top off MOO2
and i am also one of the many like you who was pleasently stunned by DW, it not only stands on the shoulders of giants but proudly takes it further; a great game to be sure
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Data,

I forwarded your question to the store, but I have not heard back yet. This one is for them to answer, as I'm not sure of the details on payments in Romania.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Data

Post by Data »

Thank you Erik for doing this. I'll look more closely on the site to see how can I contact them directly and not bother anyone else :)
Thx again
Data

Post by Data »

mission accomplished, guys
the solution was both simple and at hand all this time, i won't go into the many details that confirm now what a complete MORON i am :) - and i want to rule an entire universe, may i be so lucky
only thing left now is to get past the errors at start time, i see there are some threads on this also so i will boldly go into them where no man has gone before
Data

Post by Data »

errors resolved, game patched and up to date

I AM IN LOVE, my signature will reflect from now on this new awesomeness from Elliot

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”