Mission 5 Problems

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
jamaine10

Mission 5 Problems

Post by jamaine10 »

I completed MIssion 5, but once the soldiers go through the portal the game says, "Loading, Please wait" but nothing happens. After approx. 5 minutes the game cursor changed to the normal windows cursor, but still nothing happened. I had to kill the game via the Windows Task Manager. I walked away from my computer for a minute and when I came back it was displaying the Blue Screen of Death, telling my system had crashed and Windows 7 was trying to reboot. During reboot I got the blue screen again and Windows 7 tried to reboot again. Windows failed to reboot a 3rd time, but this time Windows 7 stated it was going into auto recovery mode. Windows 7 successfully recovered the system to a time when everything last worked, before I installed SST. I reinstalled SST, played from the beginning, but once again when I completed Mission 5 the game locked up and then I got the blue screen of death. Again Windows 7 had to do an auto recovery to reboot. Being a glutton for punishment, I reinstalled SST again. But this time I noticed that the Mission 5 save file I had made was available. So I used the saved file and tried to play. This time I got an Exception Access Violation pop-up. I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this? Right now I'm afraid to even try to play the game since I don't want to get the blue screen of death again. Here is my computer info:

Processor: 2.GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000
RAM: 6 Gb
Video: Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, 2Gb -SLI Enabled
Screen Res: 1900x1200 (I've been playing at that res, full screen mode)

I'd appreciate any help. Right now I'm contemplating sending the SST game back for a refund.

MIGMaster

RE: Mission 5 Problems

Post by MIGMaster »

I'm running into the same problem. I'm fine as long as I play and don't stop - but if I try to load a game after mission 3 all I get is an Exception Access Violation pop-up. I've tried saving different times at different spots and still get the same result.

I'm playing on an AMD 64X2 Black edition with 2 gb of RAM, A Geforce 8800 GS and Win xp Pro.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

Please send me the saved game (Just zip the folder called, for example, Save1 - if it's the first save - or Save2, etc) to phil@starsentineltactics.com and I'll take a look at it. That applies to MIGMaster too. Any saved game which causes an Exception Access Violation, please send it to me, and I can make sure that it's already been fixed, or fix it if it hasn't.

I can't reproduce a problem loading mission 6, and I've had a lot of emails from people playing missions much further on, so it's hard for me to guess what's going wrong with that. I can say for certain that SST cannot and does not do anything which can cause a blue-screen, and that this can only be caused by a problem with DirectX or a problem with your videocard drivers. The game wouldn't function at all if you didn't have DirectX updated, so I recommend updating your videocard drivers, if that's possible. I can certainly understand your concern about playing when this is happening, but SST simply doesn't access anything low-level enough to cause a blue-screen. I can, and will, do my best to fix the loading problem, and when that's fixed, whatever is causing the blue-screen won't have the opportunity to do so.

bman654

Post by bman654 »

try running it in a window instead of fullscreen. Might make it avoid the BSD at least.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

If the problem is with the graphics driver, I would definitely agree with that. In windowed mode, the DirectX driver does not have exclusive access to the videocard, which should force it to play nicer.
jamaine10

Post by jamaine10 »

Where exactly are the saved games stored? I took a look, but didn't see any saved game files in the SST folder. I'm sure it's somewhere obvious, but I'm not seeing it at the moment.
jamaine10

Post by jamaine10 »

I finally found the saved game files. I have zipped the save game file (for mission 5) where I had the problem and emailed it to you. Can you let me know if you got it okay? Thank you for your help.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

I have your email, thanks. I'm hoping to get patched 1 wrapped up and ready to go over the weekend, so I'm very pleased to have a chance to find and include a fix for this.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

I've now had time to test the save game, and I'm pleased to report that this is actually another occurrence of a bug which was already fixed. It'll be in the patch.

If you want to work around it in the meantime, let the cutscene at the end of the level play out in its entirety. The bug only occurs if you press the skip button during the cutscene.
lamarwisneski

Post by lamarwisneski »

Well it is not that serious problem..It can happen due to support of your operator...Like window7 supports something and windows XP support something different.. Every system has its own support ability and rigid ability...

Return to “Tech Support”