surprising facts i've tested about the resulply ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Data

surprising facts i've tested about the resulply ships

Post by Data »

1) make a resuply ship with only one fuel cell, make it move around so that it depleats it's fuel and set it to auto. When it needs to refuel it will go to a colony/sp even if it has a gas giant next to it. Why? the resuply ship is not just any ship, it should be able to use the giant to resuply itself. If I order it to do it, it does it.

2) you don't need to have the resuply ship deployed to resuply other ships, they resuply even if the resuply ship is moving (like a tanker airplane) which is great because you can follow your fleet and supply it on location; maybe have some warships tasked specially to find forward supply points for the ship

3) resuply ships can resuply...other resuply ships; so you can have an uber storage main resuply ship and a few smaller, faster ones for resuplying the actual fleets. Good option to have in large scale military operations

4) resuply ship resuplies itself anywhere when stationary ....and appears docked to itself :)
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
caerr

RE: surprising facts i've tested about the resulply ships

Post by caerr »

Nice finds, I've been wondering about these. [:)]
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

One problem to keep in mind in regards to Resupply ships and Gas planets is that the fuel gas is not the only gas that will be extracted into the Cargo holds.
Eventually your Cargo hold will get clogged with non fuel gases, that's why Gas Clouds are preferable.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Data

Post by Data »

yap, that's why i try to target only caslon or hydrogen giants or clouds for them
man, the galaxy map in this game is the best one compared to any other similar games i've seen so far - you find many things quite rapidly with it
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Howard Mitchell

Post by Howard Mitchell »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

One problem to keep in mind in regards to Resupply ships and Gas planets is that the fuel gas is not the only gas that will be extracted into the Cargo holds.
Eventually your Cargo hold will get clogged with non fuel gases, that's why Gas Clouds are preferable.

Hmmm... I have five resupply ships in my current game and none has anything in its cargo hold other than caslon or hydrogen (I use both as fuel), though they have all only ever deployed at gas giants.
While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

yes, I saw that too... But in base DW this was a problem, so I guess Eliott fixed the issue.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”