Any way to give one race multiple special components?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Lonck

Any way to give one race multiple special components?

Post by Lonck »

Maybe through in-game editor?
Igard

RE: Any way to give one race multiple special components?

Post by Igard »

I don't think you can do it with the editor, but you could use it to improve your relations with other empires that have special tech and then make it easier to do a deal with them.
YourConscience

Post by YourConscience »

will it be possible to edit/mod the tech tree, or at least the effects of the components somewhere in the future? I would love to play around with the fuel ranges and hyperspeeds to give the galaxy a bigger feeling.
Igard

Post by Igard »

I sure hope so, YC. I'd like this to be the next big mod feature. Check out the modders wishlist thread for all the ideas so far. [:)]
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: YourConscience

will it be possible to edit/mod the tech tree, or at least the effects of the components somewhere in the future? I would love to play around with the fuel ranges and hyperspeeds to give the galaxy a bigger feeling.

You currently can affect/change the hyperdrive speeds via the startup.ini file. You need to play
around with the figures to get the effect you desire. As far as the tech tree modding, I believe
Elliot has that on his list for the next patch slightly down the road. [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
the1sean

Post by the1sean »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

ORIGINAL: YourConscience

You currently can affect/change the hyperdrive speeds via the startup.ini file. You need to play
around with the figures to get the effect you desire. As far as the tech tree modding, I believe
Elliot has that on his list for the next patch slightly down the road. [:)]

At least six to eight weeks was the last time frame I heard for tech tree mod support.

Return to “Design and Modding”