Crash in 1.501 Beta_71st Fleet Crash

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

CTB123

Crash in 1.501 Beta_71st Fleet Crash

Post by CTB123 »

I am getting a reproducible crash.

Running - Distant Worlds! The Return of the Shakturi
Version- 1.501 Beta

I have uploaded a Zip with the save and description to the ftp server, called "CTB123 71st Fleet Crash"

What occurs- A standard Windows dialog box says “Distant Worlds has stopped working. Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.”

When it occurs- At the beginning of the save, the Kennagar Sovereignty’s 71st fleet is at B’cnus 1. Once it conquers B’cnus 1, it then heads to Sefokhe. Shortly after arriving there, the game crashes.

Though the “Distant Worlds has stopped working” dialog comes up, the game continues to run in the background. You can see ships moving, the summary screen at the top continues to update what’s going on, techs get developed, and etc. However, when you click on the dialog, the game closes.

I originally got the crash from a save at an earlier point. I then reloaded, played longer, and saved closer to when the 71st fleet arrives at B’cnus 1. The end crash still occurs.
elliotg

RE: Crash in 1.501 Beta_71st Fleet Crash

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for the savegame. We'll fix this in the next update.
CTB123

RE: Crash in 1.501 Beta_71st Fleet Crash

Post by CTB123 »

Just tried my game save game with the new beta patch- 1.502. The game crashed out om me again pretty much at the same point it has been, along with the same error message. This time, instead of the game playing on in the background, it closed out.

Return to “Tech Support”