Can we clean up the stickies?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Liquid5n0w

Can we clean up the stickies?

Post by Liquid5n0w »

There are WAY WAY too many stickies in this forum, and it kinda limits the front page.

Most of them are really really out of date anyways, and some aren't even in the right forum! Like modder's wishlist!
Shark7

RE: Can we clean up the stickies?

Post by Shark7 »

Erik just did that less than a month ago. [:D]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
forsaken1111

Post by forsaken1111 »

He didn't do it enough. They should really be consolidated to like 3-4.

We don't need a "Wishlist Compilation" and a "Master Wishlist Thread" and a "Modders Wishlist". Remove some of the older stuff, like "Distant Worlds video available".

Or just get yourself an experienced forum moderator. (like me)
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Can we sticky this please?
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: forsaken1111

He didn't do it enough. They should really be consolidated to like 3-4.

We don't need a "Wishlist Compilation" and a "Master Wishlist Thread" and a "Modders Wishlist". Remove some of the older stuff, like "Distant Worlds video available".

Or just get yourself an experienced forum moderator. (like me)

Actually, there should be both the Master Wishlist (Gameplay) and Modders Wishlist (Modding). These are two different things. They are in separate threads for a reason.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
TheLastRonin

Post by TheLastRonin »

I also think there are still far too many stickies...

If I was going to organise the page I would outright get rid of the:

- New Screenshots for Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi!
- Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Promo Video Released!
- Live Chat with Distant Worlds Developer Code Force!
- Distant Worlds video available
- New Distant Worlds video: Game Controls [or at least move this one to THE WAR ROOM sub-forum if you must keep it]

Move the:

- Modders Wishlist
- Compendium of DW Mods

To the modding sub-forum and merge:

- Distant Worlds – Return of the Shakturi Now Available! And Distant Worlds Now Available for Purchase! Into one sticky.

This would take our total stickies on the main forum from 15 down to a reasonable 7.

Also just a side note: We can only currently have 15 threads viewable one the main-forum front-page which is exactly how many stickies we have. Stickies sort of work like bolding text. If you bold all the text it just creates headaches and detracts from the intended effect, highlighting particular items of importance.
Liquid5n0w

Post by Liquid5n0w »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Actually, there should be both the Master Wishlist (Gameplay) and Modders Wishlist (Modding). These are two different things. They are in separate threads for a reason.

There is no need for either of them in the main forum though. Perhaps wishlist/requests should get their own subforum too? The more stuff you can pull away from General Discussion the better.
forsaken1111

Post by forsaken1111 »

ORIGINAL: Shark7
Or we could have ONE sticky with links to the wishlists.
Igard

Post by Igard »

I agree there are alot of stickies that should be removed/unstickied. I'm a bit surprised that we're talking about moving the master and modders wishilists.

I don't really know what the best thing to do would be. It has to be convenient for visitors to the forums, but it also has to be convenient for Elliot and Erik. They're the ones that need to check on those threads. So it's really up to them to decide.

Wouldn't there be a drop in hits if a  sticky is moved off the main page? No matter how small, I think we should be encouraging gamers to visit these threads, not burying them within sub-forums.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

I've often said there should be ONE sticky thread with ALL the rest of the stickies in it. That way if someone wants to read stickies all they have to do is click on that one sticky and read or post to their hearts content without flooding the main thread with all those stickies.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

Please...
this is really too much.
Please..

NO.. more STICKIES
2guncohen

Post by 2guncohen »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

Can we sticky this please?

hahaha +1rep [;)]
Setekh

Post by Setekh »

We're now in the unusual situation of having more stickies in here than regular threads.
This is getting a little ridiculous.
BigWolfChris

Post by BigWolfChris »

I count at least 7 that can be de-stickied or merged together
While good when put up, the information is not really looked at no more on the forums
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive
Data

Post by Data »

agreed
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”