I hate the Shakturi

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

EisenHammer

I hate the Shakturi

Post by EisenHammer »

I'm in the middle of a war with them, and I hate them[:@]
Anybody else got into a fight with the Shakturi yet?

Thumbs up
Aures

RE: I hate the Shakturi

Post by Aures »

I love to hate them, it is great there is now a real challenge to the game (without giving yourself a ridicously compromised starting position relative to ai empires).

Lots of hard work went into making sure the difficulty of the Shakturi threat scales well with different galaxy settings, but of course it still varies somewhat depending on them (and luck/skill). What galaxy settings are you using?
Most of my Empires are too big

Krob

Post by Krob »

No spoiler tags, eh? Oh well.

If the Shakturi are the Erutkah, I sent my armada to their homeworld the second it was revealed. It fell easily before the might of the Zenox fleet and it's peasant army. They did manage to capture one of my worlds while I was taking the six others they'd managed to settle while I was in transit, but again my peasant army was victorious!
Otherwise the Zenox have yet to meet them, but our tech will be maxed out and our armies will ravish them. Yes ravish!

Sadly I'm not likely to finish the game until a patch comes out. The galaxy map is useless, it takes about 15 seconds to scroll a few pixels. And, while the game is playable without the galaxy map, it becomes a lot more tedious to get from A to B. It might be the fact that I put long range scanners on all my bases and civilian ships, but seriously...

K
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

I let the story play out in my first expansion game and they rolled over me eventually. One thing that sucked was that I was leading an alliance in a full blown war against the dominant power in the game when the Shakturi revealed themselves. While the threat was enough to get the other side to offer a relatively neutral peace, it was impossible to get them to join the conflict against the Shakturi. And once I was given the [spoiler]planet buster[/spoiler], I was getting "use it!" pop ups every five minutes. When I finally did use it, the Shakturi launched all the ones they had against me and took my homeworld rather easily.

For a first game it was fun, but I do question the replayability if they show up the same way every time. So I hope there is some variation in how they appear. For now I'm playing with the expansion story turned off so I can get used to playing the regular game with the expansion changes and not have to worry about that particular threat. [;)]
It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees
- Midnight Oil
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

Well I'm losing against them. At first I didn’t think anything about them.
Big mistake on my part. Lets just say that when they get going they are very dangerous.
I'm a little bit in shock by the beating I'm getting right now.[X(]

Its like the Shakturi are doing a totally blitzkrieg on my Galactic Empire. They are relentless, even when they smash themselves against my most powerful star system they keep on coming back until they take it and not giving me a chance to rebuild. I lost over 1/3 of my empire and 4 or 5 powerful planets with shields, Ion cannons, bunkers and everything else.
I'm afraid to go back into the game and see what will happens next. lol
They are getting closer to my home world. [:(]
forsaken1111

Post by forsaken1111 »

The first time I met them, I traded them the devastator pulse technology (a super tech) for more than 80% of their own highly advanced technology. When they switched to war, I was more than ready to oppose them but it was still a pitched battle. My god do they expand fast! I blinked and suddenly they had 30+ colonies.
Tree

Post by Tree »

I think I stopped the Shakturi from emerging! I have been waiting for some message to say a new empire has emerged, but it never happened after hours of play. Once every system was explored I checked my planets and saw one of them had a majority pop of Shakturi.

Does this mean they won't create their own empire now?

Perhaps it is because I had the 'Let independent colonies form their own empire' box unchecked.
Anyone know?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”