Font Size and tech screen

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

JamesM

Font Size and tech screen

Post by JamesM »

I love this upgrade and particularly the controllable tech screen. But could you please increase the font size, when I try to research a tech that is race specific I can not read the text to find out which race can research this. I have found that this game has the hardest text read in any of the games I have, because of its font size.

Please do something to improve it before I have to stop playing this game because I keep getting headaches from all the eye strain I get from reading very small fonts!
elmo3

RE: Font Size and tech screen

Post by elmo3 »

Agree the tech screen needs a slightly larger font.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

I also agree with this. The text is too small.
nrsteel

Post by nrsteel »

Agreed...  The font styling at the smaller point sizes are very hard to read.  My screen resoultion is 1680x1050 on a 20 inch viewsonic.  If I try to reduce the resolution, to make the fonts bigger, they end up being very fuzzy edged because of the scaling.  I know this is a problem for the developer but any chance of them working on it.  The smaller font sizes are virtually unreadable.

I don't know how you will solve it.  Larger fonts?  Cleaner edge fonts?  Are you anti-aliasing them inside the game engine?  Any possibility of us choosing our own font styles?  IE make fonts modable.

Nigel Steel
game player since SPI / AH circa 1974

nigel@steeldesigngroup.com
http://www.steeldesigngroup.com
dethlin

Post by dethlin »

The fonts overall at way to small. There must be a way to make them larger easily... 
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

And while we're looking at fonts, could something be done to make the red text more legible. It vibrates horribly.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”