Road to Berlin?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

jomni

Road to Berlin?

Post by jomni »

I noticed that for the smaller scenarios nothing starts past 1942 except for the grand campaigns. Would love to see other smaller scenarios and significant battles.
karonagames

RE: Road to Berlin?

Post by karonagames »

1943 and 1944 scenarios are being worked on, but nothing has been presented for formal testing. I can't remember if a specific "Road to Berlin" scenario has been proposed.
It's only a Game

Smirfy

Post by Smirfy »

Can we propose it along with a few more

Battle of Moscow
Kharkov
Operation Mars
Crimea
Finland, Winter war, 41-42, 44 and whole war
Army Group South Blue-spring 43 thaw
Army Group south Kurk on
Army groups south+centre. Kursk on
Bagration
Rumania and Hugary 44-45
Warsaw to Berlin
MengJiao

Post by MengJiao »

I would add at least 2 more: The Miracle of Tikhvin (October-Dec 1941)

1942 campaign starting in April (ie before the Russian disaster at 2nd Kharkov)
Wikingus

Post by Wikingus »

I'd love to see Berlin and Hungary. OTOH the Germans would get steamrolled there and couldn't do much about it. But still, I'm generally a fan of smaller scenarios (in WITP too), so I'm all for it.

Finland too. :D
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

Heh. Well, its just me and Don at the moment working on any scenarios and they take awhile to make. Currently, I am working on a 'Ukraine 43-44' scenario from scratch that I started last friday that covers all of Army Group South from the late September 43 Soviet paradrops on the Dnepr through April '44. Should be a good scenario. I also have a 'Retreat from Leningrad 44-45' and could easily do a 'Bagration' and one of my personal favorites 'Army Group South 44-45'. I wanted to get some good feedback on the '44 Campaign before I pumped these out. Every change in 44 Campaign results in three more changes in the sub scenarios so I want to limit how much I have to edit later. I also have a 'Uranus' scenario that Ben did that I plan on looking over to see what kind of shape it is in.

Trey

ORIGINAL: Smirfy

Can we propose it along with a few more

Battle of Moscow
Kharkov
Operation Mars
Crimea
Finland, Winter war, 41-42, 44 and whole war
Army Group South Blue-spring 43 thaw
Army Group south Kurk on
Army groups south+centre. Kursk on
Bagration
Rumania and Hugary 44-45
Warsaw to Berlin
"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I am currently finishing out the small 12 turn Kursk scenario (adjust VC) and then I smaller 26 turn AGS race to the Dnper scenario. I have a Kharkov May 42 that I want to do and if time permits unless someone else does it a March 43 spring offensive, the last two I mention will take time.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”