New to Distant Worlds

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Haldir

New to Distant Worlds

Post by Haldir »

Hey everyone, I'm a new comer to Distant Worlds and I am very excited about this expansion. I just bought the original Distant Worlds about a week ago and was extremely impressed with the size of the game and the customization...perfect for the 4x genre. I held off on playing a lot until the new expansion came out because I liked the look of the improved research system. I just bought the expansion and am ready to play for real!

Thank you very much to the developers! It is so refreshing to see a developer that really supports their game and interacts with the community as much as you do.
SSDD
wozza

RE: New to Distant Worlds

Post by wozza »

ORIGINAL: Haldir

Hey everyone, I'm a new comer to Distant Worlds and I am very excited about this expansion. I just bought the original Distant Worlds about a week ago and was extremely impressed with the size of the game and the customization...perfect for the 4x genre. I held off on playing a lot until the new expansion came out because I liked the look of the improved research system. I just bought the expansion and am ready to play for real!

Thank you very much to the developers! It is so refreshing to see a developer that really supports their game and interacts with the community as much as you do.
I agree. There is a lot of interaction from Matrix with the users on this forum. And the most important thing is they listen and also make changes from the feedback they received.

You would never get this type of Support from the likes of EA.

I have a game called Supreme ruler which is made by Battlegoat Studios. This is a excellent game. But the most important thing is the developers are always out on the forums. And this is how cool they are. A lot of developers frown on having cheats and trainers for games. But not these guys. They have some cheats for the game and some one made a trainer for the game which is on there forum. I am just amazed that they don't have any problems with it.

The indies are the way to go and are the future for the PC. I also believe that the big publishers are losing customers to the indies.

Sorry for my rant.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Not a rant Wozza. I fully agree with you. That's one reason why I fully
dedicated myself to this game as a player and beta tester. Good comments
and enjoy the game!
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Justascratch

Post by Justascratch »

I can't pass up the opportunity to tip my hat to the Matrix team as well.

MatrixGames - There can only be one.

Enjoy this one - It's a keeper!
Haldir

Post by Haldir »

Well I played the tutorial last night to get a feel for the newer features and now I'm hooked. I played all night. Excellent job Matrix Games!
SSDD
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Glad you're enjoying the game Haldir! Thanks for the compliments [:)]
nammafia

Post by nammafia »

This game has the potential to be greatest ever for space 4X if we keep supporting it.  I hope Elliot will continue improving it forever or making it fully modd-able every aspect of the game if he decides to do something else for change.
nammafia

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”