Revised Public Beta v1.01 - 5 Now Available!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Andrew Loveridge

Revised Public Beta v1.01 - 5 Now Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

A last round of changes for this beta update. It improves AI performance, especially in the Ukraine during '41, addresses some Editor issues, improves mouse functions, and addressed the performance issues some customers were seeing on slower systems, along with a number of other bugs. You can download it here GGWarintheEast-Update-v101-Beta5.exe We should be making it official tomorrow, if everything checks out.

v1.01 Beta 5 – December 16, 2010
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that restored admin points previously expended by undoing a unit's strategic movement.
    • Fixed it so Shift-T cannot be used if the unit does not fulfill the requirements in 7.5.4.1.
    • Corrected the map data in hex 80,40 in Velikie Luki scenario.
    • Fixed a typo in the HQ switch leader check pop-up that spelled "succeeded" as "succeded".
    • Disabled map clicking during the AI turn.
    • Fixed a display bug in the combat text shown at high detail levels that could lead it to report a unit was shot at by itself.
    • Fixed a bug that would in some cases prevent valid air groups from being listed as available for an air mission (in the pick air groups for mission window) even though they were closer to the target than some other units that were being listed.
    • Fixed text typos: "Numberal" to "Numeral", "Unit and it's.." to "Unit and its.."
    • Prevented the user preference for the combat resolution message level from being able to be set higher than 7.
    • Fixed range of Soviet 152mm Howitzer.
    • Changed the name of IS-I, IS-II, IS-III to IS-1, IS-2, IS-3
v1.01 Beta 4 – December 15, 2010
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a problem that was sometimes preventing the Soviet AI from forming a good line in the western Ukraine during the summer of 1941.
v1.01 Beta 3 – December 14, 2010
  • Bug Fixes
    • Air combat fixes. Attacking player's ground support fighters were not engaging defender player bombers during combat.
    • Editor function fixes.
v1.01 Beta 2 – December 13, 2010
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed mouse button handling which caused left button to be always active. (needed a small fix in engine)
    • Added fix for one more instance of the missing mouse click.
    • Reduced input polling during airstrike missions. AI should be faster, but more chances of black screens.
    • Fixed city bombing.
    • Fixed combat report when bombing the city.
v1.01 Beta 1 – December 10, 2010
  • New Features and Rules Changes
    • New Feature – Added ability to use custom fonts. Disabled automatic font reduction in high dpi settings. Instructions for setting up the use of custom fonts can be found at:
      tm.asp?m=2645378
    • New Feature – Added Multiple Monitor support. Added new code to use the bounding box of the current monitor to control scrolling.
    • Formula adjustment – Toned down on the amount of disruption that ground units suffer when bombed by aircraft (in all air mission types).
  • Bug Fixes
    • Bug Fix – The / key no longer makes the AI take control during a human player turn.
    • Bug Fix – Improved mouse performance to correct occasional unresponsiveness with some mouse clicks.
    • Bug Fix – Reduced high CPU usage when idle with the map on the screen.
    • Bug Fix – Reduced the frequency and duration of appearance of a black screen during the AI’s turn.
    • Bug Fix – Fixed problems that could occur if the PBEM box was checked when a player created a new Multiplayer game. Now the PBEM box should not impact Multiplayer games in any way.
    • Bug Fix – Fixed the appearance of the options screen when maximized while in multiplayer mode.
    • Bug Fix –In the air unit detail window, changed the color of the text for switching between day/night operations to light blue.
    • Bug Fix – Fixed the overprinting of text on the VP Advantage line of the Victory screen at the end of the game when the screen is maximized.
    • Bug Fix – Prevented units not in a scenario from showing up as disbanded on the Losses screen.
    • Bug Fix – Fixed the appearance of the Yes/No dialog box so it will not cut off longer text that appears in the dialog and the actual Yes/No portion of the text.
    • Bug Fix – Fixed it so that all Soviet on map units that should be able to created (listed in the manual) are coming up in the game as creatable (if available by date).
    • Bug Fix – Made some miscellaneous bug fixes in the editor.
Toddr22_slith

RE: Revised Public Beta v1.01 - 5 Now Available!

Post by Toddr22_slith »

Do we have to re-start a scenario to take advantage of the changes?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

The only changes that you have to restart for are the data changes:

Fixed range of Soviet 152mm Howitzer.
Changed the name of IS-I, IS-II, IS-III to IS-1, IS-2, IS-3

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Toddr22_slith

Post by Toddr22_slith »

Thanks much!

Love the game!!!!
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Great stuff.....waiting patiently for this to be the offiical patch and reading the manual for the 3rd time in the meantime....the call of 'Dortmund' awaits......[:)]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

waiting patiently for this to be the offiical patch and reading the manual for the 3rd time in the meantime....the call of 'Dortmund' awaits

"Dortmund!"
(there will be no other data updates this time) [;)]
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

LOL. Thanks Bro. You sure it will be fine?

I suppose if it's exaclty the same as the official patch it won't be a problem/provide any changes to the beta if and when I upgrade the offiical patch anyhow?
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I suppose if it's exaclty the same as the official patch it won't be a problem/provide any changes to the beta if and when I upgrade the offiical patch anyhow?

Should be ok. With very high chance (99%) Beta5 will be the official 1.01.
Pavel Zagzin
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

Great support! Five patches in a week. [:)]
Thank you.
Iron Duke

Post by Iron Duke »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

The only changes that you have to restart for are the data changes:

Fixed range of Soviet 152mm Howitzer.
Changed the name of IS-I, IS-II, IS-III to IS-1, IS-2, IS-3

Does the patch replace the whole database with an updated one or does it write the changes to the 'in use' database ?
or Will i loose my modifications i've made to the generic data files ?
"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Does the patch replace the whole database with an updated one or does it write the changes to the 'in use' database ?
or Will i loose my modifications i've made to the generic data files ?

Patch comes with new wrdevice.dat file. So please make a backup of your wrdevice.dat if you did any changes to it. To get mentioned fixes, you will need to merge your changes with official file.
Pavel Zagzin
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Downloaded and installed!

Landsers are waking up to the codeword Dortmund.....will probably post an AAR too.
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”