Smugglers...

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Shark7

Smugglers...

Post by Shark7 »

I just caught pirates smuggling Loros Fruit and confiscated the cargo...nice touch! [:)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Yskonyn

RE: Smugglers...

Post by Yskonyn »

For real?

Wow that IS a nice touch! These little things is what makes the DW feel so alive!
Yskonyn -

Desktop: Intel i7 9700K @5.0Ghz, Nvidia RTX3080Ti, 32GB RAM, Win 11 64bit
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 Intel i7 1065G7, Nvidia MX350, 8GB RAM, Win 11 64 bit.
Setekh

Post by Setekh »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I just caught pirates smuggling Loros Fruit and confiscated the cargo...nice touch! [:)]
Ha, that's great. Stuff like this really adds atmosphere to the galaxy and makes it seem more 'real'.
Xkill

Post by Xkill »

Really?? Smuggling??

That`s cool!
"If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway."

One of Murphy Laws.
Igard

Post by Igard »

I just got that message too 'Rare resource intercepted'.

It's not new to the expansion though. It happened lots of times to me in the original.
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Random events can really spice up the game. Can't wait to play!
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Igard

I just got that message too 'Rare resource intercepted'.

It's not new to the expansion though. It happened lots of times to me in the original.

That's a first for me. [8D]
Distant Worlds Fan

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

I've only had that happen once, and it was while testing the expansion.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Igard

Post by Igard »

It just happened to me again. The first time was Loros fruit then just now I intercepted a shipment of Korrabian Spice. It was never this frequent in the original.

Actually, am I just imagining this happened in the original?

EDIT: I'm pretty positive it's happened to me before. I remember it because you get some demand for the resource even though you don't have a source for it. So it can have a bit of a negative effect after a while.
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

It just happened to me again. The first time was Loros fruit then just now I intercepted a shipment of Korrabian Spice. It was never this frequent in the original.

Actually, am I just imagining this happened in the original?

EDIT: I'm pretty positive it's happened to me before. I remember it because you get some demand for the resource even though you don't have a source for it. So it can have a bit of a negative effect after a while.

Well, when it happened to me I think I had just gone to war with one of the Empires the resource was intercepted from.

I also think that since I had some systems that were relatively close to the warring Empire that it may have made it easier for this type of interception to happen.

Igard

Post by Igard »

I've only met 2 other empires so far and it's very peaceful and we're quite far apart. Lots of pirates around though. Could just be luck.

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

I've only met 2 other empires so far and it's very peaceful and we're quite far apart. Lots of pirates around though. Could just be luck.

I think Pirates got ramped up a bit, at least it sure seems that way to me.

I also don't believe you ever really get rid of them like you could in 1.0.6 - and this is playing with the "Few Pirates" setting [;)]

Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

I think Pirates got ramped up a bit, at least it sure seems that way to me.

I also don't believe you ever really get rid of them like you could in 1.0.6 - and this is playing with the "Few Pirates" setting [;)]

It looks that way. I've got the 'few pirates' setting too and I'm seeing lots of new bases showing up from time to time.

Well, I just intercepted another shipment of Korrabian Spice. I think it must be linked with pirates. It does tell me the location where the interception was made, but finding it on a 1400 star map is proving tricky, perhaps I haven't even explored the system yet.

Can anyone confirm if this is new to the expansion? I'm sure I've had it happen in the original. Unless I've gone crazy in the coconut waiting for this expansion! [&:]
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Can anyone confirm if this is new to the expansion? I'm sure I've had it happen in the original. Unless I've gone crazy in the coconut waiting for this expansion! [&:]
Yes, this feature has always been in the game actually.

This usually means that a nearby empire has discovered and is exploiting that special resource.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Phew!! I'm not mad after all. Not completely anyway.

I remember it happening quite a few times to me before and like I said earlier, it's not completely desirable since it gives your people a taste of what they can't have unless you discover a source or begin trade with an empire who's got it. It's a really nice feature. 
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: elliotg
Yes, this feature has always been in the game actually.

This usually means that a nearby empire has discovered and is exploiting that special resource.

Just goes to show how much of the game remains 'behind the scenes' to even those of us who have been playing it for a year. [:)]
Distant Worlds Fan

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”