Countdown Thread: The Expansion is Coming!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Flaviusx

RE: Countdown Thread

Post by Flaviusx »

Very excited about this release.
WitE Alpha Tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

From Erik in the "Bundling" thread: 
Most likely Thursday afternoon US Eastern time.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Scritty

Post by Scritty »

Here in the UK that would be after 5:00pm - and more likely mid/late evening

That's fine :)

Logistics ? Yeah I'm a spanner for that stuff
Yskonyn

Post by Yskonyn »

Yeah.. I am going refresh bananas all day long, eventhough I know in the back of my head that its probably somwhere during the evening... (GMT+1 here)
Anticipation is a killer! ;)
Yskonyn -

Desktop: Intel i7 9700K @5.0Ghz, Nvidia RTX3080Ti, 32GB RAM, Win 11 64bit
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 Intel i7 1065G7, Nvidia MX350, 8GB RAM, Win 11 64 bit.
mbar

Post by mbar »

Texas? Get the jalapeno poppers and brisket off the grill and pass the BBQ sause!!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone, so far we are full speed ahead and it looks good for a release this afternoon as planned. It's now just after noon on the East Coast of the US and we expect to release between now and 5PM.

FYI, we have three offices now as Matrix and Slitherine combined. One is in Colorado in the US, one is in Vermont in the US and one is in the UK, whereas our store partner Plimus is on the West Coast of the US in California and Oregon. We also have staff and development teams around the world, including Elliot in New Zealand so it's really hard to pin down a particular time zone for us. With that said, the Vermont office where I am handles the product development and production side, so we generally release on a US Eastern time schedule.

I'd also like to ask those of you who are willing, once the expansion is released, to please help us spread the word on other game forums and sites that you may frequent as many of you did for the original release. Every little bit helps and helps us make sure that Distant Worlds will have many more new features and improvements in the future.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Yskonyn

Post by Yskonyn »

Thanks Erik, we'll continue to spread the word, don't worry! ;)
Yskonyn -

Desktop: Intel i7 9700K @5.0Ghz, Nvidia RTX3080Ti, 32GB RAM, Win 11 64bit
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 Intel i7 1065G7, Nvidia MX350, 8GB RAM, Win 11 64 bit.
Hyfrydle

Post by Hyfrydle »

Looking forward to the release I will start spreading the word.
robske

Post by robske »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I'd also like to ask those of you who are willing, once the expansion is released, to please help us spread the word on other game forums and sites that you may frequent as many of you did for the original release. Every little bit helps and helps us make sure that Distant Worlds will have many more new features and improvements in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

I already spread the word through my friends, and in my EVE Online corporation (250 members!) about the game. Some were very intrested, and wanted to buy the game. Especially since it has a reduction in price now.
Scifi 4X game geek...

The universe has its mysteries which can only be solved through the curiousity of intelligent life...

My lesson about life:
Keep the past in mind, act in the present, look to the future.
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

You should go to the product page and 'like' it with your facebook account as well.  'Share' it on facebook as well...or any other social networking sites you feel comfortable expressing your views about a quality product from quality people.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/398 ... e.Shakturi

Vermont.....hmmm.....welll, I'm not too sure what to say about vermont......     I guess.......   Go New England!!!!  and all afiliated publishers and production studio's
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Are we there yet? [:D]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

I don't write on many forums really. The only few forums I've joined are something really special, like DW. But, I'll definetly mention DW in a appropriate situation/place. That I can promise.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Nalim27

Post by Nalim27 »

I maybe did not sleep tonight .... my paypal is ready for you Code Force guys.
Nalim27, gamer
Lostweb

Post by Lostweb »

Are the publishers not afraid of the DDOS effect?
I am betting quite alot of people are refreashing their browser often, to see if it is available [:)]
I really hope their servers can take it! I cant wait much longer [:)]
Webbco

Post by Webbco »

Every 3 mins or so...I'm such a kid ;)
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

ORIGINAL: Lostweb

Are the publishers not afraid of the DDOS effect?
I am betting quite alot of people are refreashing their browser often, to see if it is available [:)]
I really hope their servers can take it! I cant wait much longer [:)]

I'm wondering if they aren't trying to make sure the servers will remain up and running. Honestly, when I refresh...I believe it's taking longer...maybe it's just me...but there are a lot of folks logged in at the moment and their is no telling how many guests are viewing and refreshing.
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
dazoline II

Post by dazoline II »

The website set a record for most users logged in at one time last week when WitE was released, I think they can handle the load for the expansion.
Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.
Nalim27

Post by Nalim27 »

DDOS attack can't happens - Distand Worlds is not World of Warcraft - I do not know how many copies of DW was sold, but because it is not common known game I expect something between 10 000 - 100 000 copies.
Near any web server can handle load from that amount of customers.
Nalim27, gamer
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

It's up!!!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”