Average turn time ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

crazyjohn

Average turn time ?

Post by crazyjohn »

Playing the 41-45 campaign how long on average does the ai take to process its turn on your machine?
When does it get unacceptable for you ?
elmo3

RE: Average turn time ?

Post by elmo3 »

It varies a lot depending on where I am in the campaign and what side I'm playing.  An overall average (useless really) might be 5 minutes on my rig.  I don't watch the AI turn usually so it never get unacceptable.  Plenty of time to get another beer while the AI is moving.  [;)]
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

I got the slow poke. I only have 768 mb of ram and it takes up to 45min to run a Soviet campaign turn. It gives me enough time to mow my front yard...lol...
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

It takes the AI about 10 minutes to do its turn on mine (4g ram). It could be a little faster than that since I have battle reports set to 5 seconds. There's always about 30 of them, so it could be a couple of minutes faster, I guess.

My turn takes from 5 minutes (in winter) to 30 minutes (in summer). Once I start piddling with every detail, the time will increase some.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
vinnie71

Post by vinnie71 »

Well over 3 days of solid play I only managed something like 20 turns...

Don't blame the machine - just the control freak who's operating it! [:D]
Fänrik Stål

Post by Fänrik Stål »

It's pretty bad here, 30-50 minutes for the Germans to finish their turns. I'm planning to get a better computer though, so I hope that will help.
"Släpp ingen djävul över bron!"
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

ORIGINAL: Fänrik Stål

It's pretty bad here, 30-50 minutes for the Germans to finish their turns. I'm planning to get a better computer though, so I hope that will help.

It should. I just ran a test turn in the '41 campaign on my fairly high end rig and it only took the AI 8 minutes to complete the turn.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
boatrigm

Post by boatrigm »

So what would speed up the turns? Memory 4G+ or more cpu?

Does WITE take advantage of dual or quad core processors?

I may have to upgrade my E6600 Dual core if a quad core would speed it up [:)]

-Mike
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Is there a memory leak in one of the modules that the AI has to access?

It really should only be 3 minutes a turn.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

It takes my computer 4 or 5 minutes to process a turn. Me, on the other hand... I take a minimum of five hours to do a turn. Sometimes it takes even longer.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”