How to merge regimental groups back to single division

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

turska

How to merge regimental groups back to single division

Post by turska »

After checking the manual i didnt spot the button to merge splitted division back to single entity. I mean those two german divisions in the '41 campaign wich are in splitted in three. Merge button on the unit details says that not allowed. I moved 1/87, 2/87 and 3/87 to same hex as well.

Flaviusx

RE: How to merge regimental groups back to single division

Post by Flaviusx »

Stack all 3 regiments together and press b.

B will both break down and build up units.
WitE Alpha Tester
ComradeP

RE: How to merge regimental groups back to single division

Post by ComradeP »

All units need to have at least 1 MP left to be able to merge, which also means static units can't merge. For some reason, the Soviets can, however, form corps from static units.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”