Many thanks

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

petgod

Many thanks

Post by petgod »

Hi all at Matrix

I have been playing Mr Gribsy's games ever since the original Second Front and Western front back in the day when the first 286 pc's came out and i would like to thank everyone for many many hours of fun over the years, although i dont think the wife would agree. [;)]
This new version is great and is well worth the money and to anyone that is not sure I highly recommend it.

Is there any plans to rework Western Front or better still combine Western & Eastern fronts together?
Even better how about combining all of Europe and BTR! No there would be a game worthy of everyones talents!
After 22 years soldiering it is nice to be an arm chair warrior.
karonagames

RE: Many thanks

Post by karonagames »

Is there any plans to rework Western Front or better still combine Western & Eastern fronts together?

Unofficially, yes. Joel has posted some comments to this effect.

It's only a Game

petgod

Post by petgod »

Is that a yes to the re-work or a yes to the combine?

either way bloody great!
karonagames

Post by karonagames »

Yes to both.
It's only a Game

petgod

Post by petgod »

Woohoo! [&o]
hmatilai

Post by hmatilai »

I'd like to give my thanks too! This is the game I've been waiting for last 15 years I think, and now I can finally play it. I wasn't sure if I'd see this day. Fortunately it came. I bought the game during the first seconds I saw it published.

Only "problems" are now that I'm married, and have kids, so I can only play more by shortening my sleeping time to 4-6 hours a night. If I just could clone myself, so the other guy could go to work while I have good time.... Fortunately it's the end of the year soon and I'll have some free time, when wife and kids travel to grandparents for over a week. I couldn't go because of work, but I have no lack of things to do during my free time now...

petgod

Post by petgod »

hmatilai, I feel your pain brother.

After 20 years of being moaned, nagged and complained at about my game time by the wife I think she has finally given up and just excepts that it is what i do. I have often reminded her that some husbands are out at bars at night getting up to god knows what and at least i am in the house!

I am also fortunate that i now work away from home 2 nights a week and have a hotel room, a lap top and peace and quiet to enable me to get 2 nights of peaceful gaming in!
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

If we all live long enough, we will see the old SSI game on a computer, instead off on the garage floor. I really don't miss sorting counters, and the tweasers I used to move units. Then there was the dice rolls, damn I love it now. Oh and the many solo games, turn your cap around and play the other side...lol...
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: PyleDriver

If we all live long enough, we will see the old SSI game on a computer, instead off on the garage floor. I really don't miss sorting counters, and the tweasers I used to move units. Then there was the dice rolls, damn I love it now. Oh and the many solo games, turn your cap around and play the other side...lol...

One of the Gamers in our group managed a Motel. We took a week-end and set-up Terrible Swift Sword and played it in teams. We still didn't get it finished!

You are right. Them were the days......
Tony
petgod

Post by petgod »

Damn this bloody game is addictive! The wife wants a divorce and the boss is threatening with the sack! [:D]
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I've got my money's worth.Average 2-3 hours a turn per day so about 45-50 hours gameplay,so no problem with the price.Restarting my third GC as Axis,going to take my time,look at all units,supply factors etc etc,just moving counters and attacking got me pretty far,but by turn 8,its a fiasco on all fronts.Out of supply,cut off units,disorganized,fatigued.
petgod

Post by petgod »

Yep same here. Money well spent.
Neal_MLC

Post by Neal_MLC »

Very happy with this game too but it still needs a air superiority phase[:D]
no matter where you go, there you are
rtb1017

Post by rtb1017 »

I only had 4 hours of sleep each in the past three nights. I will be playing this game for years

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”