Question about scenarios posted at Matrix Games Community

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Fradar

Question about scenarios posted at Matrix Games Community

Post by Fradar »

My name is Fradar and I have designed a number of scenarios for SPWaW both vanilla and ENH.
I just noticed that some of them were posted by a guy called badbubba in the scenario part of Matrix Games Community. He claims to be the author and do not even mention the original designer.
As the post dates are the same as the dates I posted them at the Wargamers Game Depot, does it means that the scenarios posted here at Matrix just refer to the Wargamers Game Depot or are they specifically posted at Matrix.
I just wonder why someone is unrespectful enough to post scenarios in his own name without asking the original designer.
Alby

RE: Question about scenarios posted at Matrix Games Community

Post by Alby »

Wow, that sux!

planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Fradar: I found 'shsober' is registered here but he hasn't posted since 2004 and then only 5 time, 'Waleaf' does not show up here at all.

I went to where the scenarios are posted at or thru Wargamers site here in the forum and your name and Jims are all listed next to your games.
Maybe I looked in the wrong place ????
planner 3 (aka chief)

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
Fradar

Post by Fradar »

Chief!
At the wargamers the scenarios are correctly posted.
Why I wonder is that here at Matrix in the Community section these scenarios are posted with the names I mentionned and not with the names of the designers. I am just puzzled.
tracer

Post by tracer »

Where exactly is this 'scenario-area'? The only one I see ('scenarios/campaigns') appears to only contain 'design' questions.
Jim NSB ImageImage
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Fradar : I also have the same question as our friend Tracer. I could be looking in the wrong place.
Fradar

Post by Fradar »

Just click on Community and then on scenarios. That's it.
François
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Top white bar between products and support.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Junk2drive: Thanks I went there and checked all of Fradars posts under popular and latest and ALL I found have his name assigned to them. It may be a Glitch between here and France or a tranlation error in the comp. I don't get it? I went to 3 other places to check his scenarios and all give him credit. ???????Puxzled????
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

They may have been uploaded by someone that thought they were doing us all a favour. As long as it states Fradar in the briefing, I see no harm.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Fradar

Post by Fradar »

There is no glitch between the USA and France. This is how it shows up:
Steel Panthers: World at War : The Sturmbrigade Counterattacks
File Author : badbubba
Steel Panthers: World at War : Calvados-2
File Author : waleaf
Steel Panthers: World at War : ENH-FR: Assoro Pt.-1
File Author : shsober
These scenarios were designed by order of appearance by fradar, tracer and iskaput.
The briefing is just a copy of the scenario text file and generally indicates the name of the author/designer.
However the heading "File author" is misleading because one can think that this person is the one who designed the scenario.
In any case it is not right that someone, whoever he is, takes the liberty to use a work done by someone else and post it anywhere without asking and obtaining permission to do so from the original author.

François
mkr8683

Post by mkr8683 »

Mon bon ami - I think maybe 'File Author' is meant to be the person who uploaded the scenario, rather than the actual scenario designer. You're right, it is still misleading, but seeing the designer's name in the scenario briefing mitigates the impact a bit, for me at least. J'connais que c'est toi!
*former user name Matt R*
Fradar

Post by Fradar »

Hey Matt, nice to see you there.
I certainly understand that this is the name of the guy who uploaded the scenario. I appreciate he likes my scenarios so much that he wants to post them.
However he could have asked permission as my mail address is always in my scenario text files.
Furthermore I prefer to decide myself what I do with my scenarios and where I post them.
I did not know until now there was a scenario area at Matrix. I might use it in the future.
François
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Maybe Goblin could make a sticky somewhere explaining the community section and links to it and the Depot and Enhanced forums.
tracer

Post by tracer »

I smell a rat...

The 'mystery-members' who did this could be spammers. I tried downloading one of my scenarios to see if there's been any changes/alterations, but when I click on the link all I get is a blank page.

Jim NSB ImageImage
Fradar

Post by Fradar »

Jim! Just the same for me.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”