Raise you hand if you actually read the manual

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

AlesMrak

RE: Raise you hand if you actually read the manual

Post by AlesMrak »

Read just tutorial.Skiped the manual, but i'm only playing the smaller scenarions, so i need to read the manual before moving to grand campaign.

br.
Dr.Jones
Modding tools for TOW and IL2 series (archive extractor and 3d model converter)

Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Transferred it to my laptop and read it cover-to-cover over 3 train journeys to work...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

Read, but not in its entirety. I'm re-reading (or reading ex novo) specific sections as soon as "problems" appear in play.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Read it and but skipped Russian stuff mainly as going to play the Germans first. This helps get through the manual quicker too. A manual like this is a project in itself. It will have some worn pages soon.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Read last week. Starting a second reading today. A lot to digest.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”