Campaign Log II - British View

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
Mark Breed

RE: Campaign Log II - British View

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 February, Week II

EVENT: Revelry – Think it and drink! Don't think... drink! In vino veritas... in vino... in vino... lies comfort! Wench! Set another cask a broach! Sit here on my lap and let me rest my rough hands on your tight, rolling behind! Here's to us! To victory! Bottoms-up! (Colonel Turnbull, Boston: +5 morale and -30 readiness)

Colonel Hamilton marches his militia regiment to Portland.

Engagement at Augusta – Colonel Lamb conducts yet another assault on Augusta. His 2,773 men lose 76 in the attack. Meantime, Colonel Murray’s defenders numbering 1,717 with 6 cannon suffer only 16 casualties. The Royal Artillery Company again distinguishes itself (+3 morale).

Battle at Augusta – Colonel Lamb’s rebel army is attacked by a British army commanded by Brigadier Prevost’s army just arrived from Savannah. Out of the 2,697 men remaining in Colonel Lamb’s force another 200 become casualties and several regiments surrender outright (5 x militia and 2 x light infantry). Brigadier Prevost’s force consists of 3,428 men and 18 cannon. He loses only 6 men in the attack.

Brigadier Fraser’s command continues its march northward along the coastal highway passing through Georgetown before reaching the Pee Dee River.

General Gage’s army arrives in Boston. There is no sign of General Putnam’s rebel army.

Attachments
177602IIB.jpg
177602IIB.jpg (197.96 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 February, Week III

EVENT:
The Tuscarora Indians shake off the rebel pillaging of their village and reaffirm their position of supporting the British in America. The Tuscarora Indian village reverts to British allegiance. (The official event was Inflation – I've got my pay today; here is my debt with the interests. Now, I want to eat and drink; let's celebrate this sudden fortune! What? Yesterday, the meat cost half of this! And the wine? How can it cost three times more than last week? Of course, barkeep, it is sold to you at the same price... Tell the devil that this in Hell! If my money isn't good enough, what do you think of my iron?)

Colonel Lamb withdraws his shadow of a command southeastwardly away from Augusta.

General Putnam’s rebel army reappears north of Springfield after a successful feint convincing the British that his army was marching eastward over the Appalachians for Boston.

Attachments
177602IIIA.jpg
177602IIIA.jpg (192.96 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 February, Week III (continued)

Skirmish in Georgian Back Country – Brigadier Prevost’s army pursues Colonel Lamb’s command and re-engages in combat. The British consist of 3,422 men and 18 cannon versus the Americans who number 590 men. The remaining rebels surrender after losing another 92 men.

Colonel Dawson is ordered to withdraw his Tory regiment to Hartford and join up with Colonel Norton.

Colonists in Plymouth rise up and drive the Tory administrators out of town. Rebel Colonel Pickens immediately recruits approximately 1,675 militiamen to defend the city. General Gage, who is resting and refitting the British army in Boston, orders Colonel Turnbull to take his command and drive out the rebels. Colonel McLeroth in Newport is also instructed to support Colonel Turnbull’s command with his regiment. Both forces advance on Plymouth.

Brigadier Fraser’s command crosses the Pee Dee River and marches northward toward Wilmington.

Colonel Tarleton leads his dragoons out of Wilmington and marches northward to the outskirts of New Bern.

The British use their influence to purchase WEAPONS (500).

Attachments
177602IIIB.jpg
177602IIIB.jpg (191.22 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 February, Week IV

EVENT:
Pirates – If Goliath had written the laws of war, slings would be strictly banned devices. The arms of the weak can inflict very painful wounds. A fast little boat, a few desperate men, and even the largest navy of the world cannot defend the slow transport-ships... (Plymouth +187 supplies; Halifax -187 supplies).

General Putnam advances his army (less the heavy artillery, which is slowing catching up) into Springfield.

Skirmish at Plymouth – Colonel Pickens leads his militiamen (1,675) in an assault on Colonel McLeroth’s regiment of foot (500). The rebel forces lose 85 men before withdrawing back into the city and inflict 54 casualties on the British.

Attachments
177602IVA.jpg
177602IVA.jpg (196.32 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 February, Week IV (continued)

Skirmish at Plymouth – Colonel Turnbull’s command with 970 men and 12 heavy cannon are joined by Colonel McLeroth’s regiment of 446 men in assaulting Colonel Pickens rebel forces of 1,590 militiamen in Plymouth. The British shove the rebels out of the city inflicting 133 casualties and causing the surrender of two regiments. The British lose 16 men in the attack.

Colonel McLeroth moves his regiment toward Newport to intercept any planned rebel movements toward there.

Chief Blackfish leads his braves out of Fort Oswego and liberates the Onondaga Indian village.

Colonel Tarleton’s dragoons pass through New Bern and advance northward into Edenton.

Brigadier Fraser continues his march northward following Tarleton’s dragoons.

Brigadier Prevost leads his army northward on the Augusta-Camden road.

Colonel Murray’s detachment departs Augusta toward Orangeburg.

The British use their influence to purchase WEAPONS (500).

Attachments
177602IVB.jpg
177602IVB.jpg (189.57 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 March, Week I

EVENT:
Intelligence – A good captain is the wisest man in the army, and often the most courageous one. However, even with a telescope, he cannot see farther than the common soldier. A Major is able to watch his men fight and even the enemy who is threat to them. In order to do this, a General should keep an eye on a territory which could only be circled by several days' journey. Solely the solution is the reliable people, who would serve as the eye and ear of the captain, the spies and scouts, who are worth their weight in gold. (Douglas’ Detachment; Richmond; 75 readiness; 62 morale; 100 supply).

Colonel Douglas marches his detachment (approximately 1,000 men) to Yorktown.

Colonel Pickens marches his detachment to the cape in Massachusetts.

Militias close in on Chief Blackfish’s war party from both the northeast and south.

Attachments
177603IA.jpg
177603IA.jpg (198.27 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

1776 March, Week I

Chief Blackfish’s war party makes a dash for the Mohawk village and runs into American forces commanded by General Montgomery. He makes a hasty withdraw to the northwest.

Colonel McLeroth’s regiment marches into Newport leaving the rebels alone on the cape.

Colonel Dawson marches his Tory regiment southward joining Colonel Norton in the defense of Hartford.

Brigadier Fraser marches his brigade into New Bern.

Colonel Tarleton’s dragoon move rapidly to the west and seize Halifax.

Colonel Murray marches his detachment through Orangeburg and on toward Charles Town.

Brigadier Prevost continues to advance his army northward on the Augusta-Camden Road reaching the Congaree River.

Colonel McLeod’s Tory regiment sets out from Augusta toward Camden.

The British spend influence points on REORGANIZE (+5 readiness).

Attachments
177603IB.jpg
177603IB.jpg (193.56 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Mark Breed

Post by Mark Breed »

Gentlemen,

My opponent, Mike, has decided to give up on this game:

"Hi Mark:
I'm throwing in the towel and moving forward with my other PBeM pursuits.
While For Liberty is a mildly interesting and entertaining game... the fact that the game developer has stated no major future enhancements or continued development of this platform... has essentially signed the "death warrant" to it. Why continue to play a game that (IMO has significant play balance issues and bugs), knowing that no matter what is "discovered" during play or commented on... the developer will not address? What you see is what you get?..."

While I do not disagree with his points as to future enhancements or continued development, I believe that there may still be something here as I have had many lessons learned that I would like to try out and see if my assessments are valid. So, is there anyone out there that would like to give this game a go with me? I will play either side; however, I think that unless you have already come up with some ideas that will help the Americans, I should play that side. Drop me an email at cptcav@msn.com.

Regards,
Mark

Return to “After Action Reports”