Unable to find PW data!!!

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rankorian

Unable to find PW data!!!

Post by Rankorian »

Ok, I tried this question a month or so ago. No solution. Re-did everything tonight, with the same result. The problem is:

I shifted from an xp computer to a Windows 7 computer. I re-downloaded the game, put in my code when asked for.

Install. The game does not install into the Programs folder, but makes its own Matrix folder (which, as I understand it is good).

No short-cut desk icon is made.

The editor launches fine.

When I try to launch the game from directly from the Program files, I get the message noted in the Subject line.

Incidently, the same thing happened when I tried to directly move the game files from my XP computer to the Windows 7 computer.

Any suggestions.
Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.
jwilkerson

RE: Unable to find PW data!!!

Post by jwilkerson »

This symptom is the result of an invalid installation.

If you've tried several approaches that maybe the issue - in that these "approaches" are clashing with each other.

Best way to proceed is to start over and try to do a clean install. I'll PM some details.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Okay I have the exact same problem as the OP. I installed the game on a brand new windows 7 machine and it did not make a desktop shortcut and it says that it is unable to find PW data.

I went to the uninstall routine for windows 7 and war in the pacific: admirals edition is not listed. I can't even figure out how to uninstall the game. It is not in the program files, but it is apparently installed on this computer, because when I try to run the updater it says that the game is already up to date.

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I still can't figure out how to uninstall the game and start over. There is no option to uninstall in the uninstall menu of windows 7. Deleting all of the files that WITP:Ae installed would not be a very good idea, because the game installed to my downloads directory and there are other files in that directory. Add to that that when I updated it defauled to this directory, means that it wrote files to the registry.

It recognizes that the game is up to date when I run the updater, but it says it is unable to find the PW data when I try to run the game from the directory that it installed the game to.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Woops! Sorry! Never mind. I had installed the 99.62 mb public beta that was located in my account instead of the game, which is 462 mb, and was available over at the digital river web site. I am running now. Widescreen support now too.

Return to “Tech Support”