How much

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

animaluk

RE: How much

Post by animaluk »

So could be next week how much then[:D]
Bradd

Post by Bradd »

I know one thing. I created a matrix account solely for this game. I am excited for its release and will buy it. I also want to thank that AAR. They are what sold me. Great job guys!
Rotherman

Post by Rotherman »

When I buy this game I just hope my ageing PC keeps on running. I have bought a new motherboard, and GPU already this year. I would like to ask some Deity with a fluffy white beard to Bless wargamers computers. Especially with the coming mighty battles on the Eastern Front, and to protect said electrical appliances from the ravages of beer spillage.
animaluk

Post by animaluk »

Any idea yet how much to buy[:D]
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Think WitP AE and you're bound to be close one way or the other.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

WitP:AE Holiday sale price? [:D]
Alba gu' brath
ratdeath

Post by ratdeath »

If it's priced like WitP:AE it will cost slightly less then a liter of Jack Daniels here in Sweden. Hopefully it will be more fun and have no ill effects like a hangover and last for years to come ;)
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory!
wiking62

Post by wiking62 »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Think WitP AE and you're bound to be close one way or the other.

If that is the ball park figure you have probably just convinced me to buy. I was a little concerned that this game was going to be too pricey for my liking.

[;)]
kirkgregerson

Post by kirkgregerson »

ORIGINAL: ratdeath

If it's priced like WitP:AE it will cost slightly less then a liter of Jack Daniels here in Sweden. Hopefully it will be more fun and have no ill effects like a hangover and last for years to come ;)

wow, living in US I have place where I can get a case of JD for about the cost of WitP. We need to talk....[:D]
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

That's why any unit can't land in Sweden in WITE - it is just too expensive :)
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Neal_MLC

Post by Neal_MLC »

I am going to have wait until after christmas[:(]
no matter where you go, there you are
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

Price is NUTS without a demo.  For this price...no demo, no sale.  I'm not taking someone else's word for a close to $100 purchase.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

You may want to read through the AARs here, if you have not already. There is no demo planned for this game, it's very hard to "demo" a game of this complexity.

tt.asp?forumid=910
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Pipewrench

Post by Pipewrench »

ORIGINAL: Darkstar One

Price is NUTS without a demo.  For this price...no demo, no sale.  I'm not taking someone else's word for a close to $100 purchase.

yup, without an actual demo at that price rings warning bells. I'm putting my wallet back and will wait for comments to give me a better feel to the games worth.

edit:Erik , I know there is no demo available but what the boards have shown so far is a corporate advertised view, no? Wonderful work and I appreciate the effort by all the testers but that price requires , for me, a non-fanboy objective look.
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Funny most people will drop 100 bucks just going to the movies and a dinner and not think a thing about it.
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Tzar007

Post by Tzar007 »

ORIGINAL: Darkstar One

Judging by the number of people who have been, are, and will be buying (myself included - currently downloading [:)]), it seems a lot of people disagrees with you.

Not saying 80$ is nothing, but ultimately, with the number of hours that I'll be spending on this, it comes down to pennies. Hour for hour, far cheaper that a lot of other stuff with a lower price tag, that's how I see it.

Download almost finished. Time to go playing !!!!
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

It wouldn't be hard to demo this game at all--just give people a demo of the campaign limited to "x" turns.  pick a number.
Anything would be better than nothing at all here.

And kid, most people DO think about it these days.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
malfid

Post by malfid »

Allow me to just reiterate something:

At ~$82AUD, this is about $10 cheaper than virtually any new game release in the Australian market.

I'll let that sink in for a moment. I paid $109.95 for a basic release of Dragon Age, back in 2009.

Welcome to our world, my American friends.
Zemke

Post by Zemke »

I have no issue with the price, this is the cost of our hobby today. I remember paying $40-$50 for computer wargames in the 80s, over 25 years ago, and those games sold far more copies than today. Our hobby is nich market, this game is not going to sell $300,000,000 in a day like Call of Duty "Black Ops" did upon release a week or so ago, (a game my teenage son is wanting for Christmas). So guys, we either support the cost for entertainment that is very cheap over time, or don't and miss out. Just remember what it cost next time you go to the movie and dinner.
"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
parusski

Post by parusski »

Whew. I love price threads. Anytime I can't get indulge in self-flagellation I just read these posts. Joel Billings gave the perfect and sensible response. Hell, if Matrix or any company knew "exactly" what people would pay then what a sweet life they would have. But this entire thread is proof of the difficulty in determining a particular price point. I really thought this game would be even more expensive and I was shocked that it was not. It seemed after that years of work a monster game of this quality would be in the $120-140 range. I would have paid just about any price for this game. If I could not afford $89 or $99 today, then I would wait for a price drop or holiday sale.

Despite the fact that I have the mentality of a young child(according to..) how can someone say $70 I can afford, but not $19 more? Jeez, nineteen bucks in most places is about what two movie tickets go for. Two people eating at most fast food places spend $10-$17(says the WSJ). I just do not believe most of us can't cough up an extra $20 or $30. If not this minute then maybe in a week or four?

This thread was [X(]

Ok, beat the crap out of me because I dare think $20 is nothing. Go ahead, it's easy to beat up someone like me-'cause I intellectual mentality of a seven year old(so says....)!
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”