HPS

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

junk2drive

HPS

Post by junk2drive »

This is on the HPS website

Dear HPS Customers,

As of December 2010, HPS will no longer publish new games developed by John Tiller. We will continue to sell, and John has agreed to continue to support, the games we have already released and published. We wish him the best.

HPS has several new games scheduled for release in the next few months, including titles from Jim, Paul, Jeff and Scott.

All of our games will continue to be available on physical disk (both through direct purchase and through distributors); gradually we will make existing games available by Digital Download too. The DD process is already set up – it is straightforward, easy, and devoid of registration hassles.

The HPS “No Nonsense” end user license agreement (EULA), also remains unchanged – whether the game is purchased by digital download or disk. Customers can install the software on all computers they own, and install the software on an “opponent’s” computer for the purposes of playing the game – as long as the program is removed from the non-owner's computer once the game is finished.

HPS is committed to being, “The Wargamer's True Ally”. We will continue to treat our customers... our fellow gamers... as we would want to be treated. That has been the HPS way for over 21 years, and will continue as a cornerstone of the company's philosophy.

I sincerely thank all of you for your support over all of these years, and hope that you will continue to support HPS in the future.

-Scott Hamilton
HPS Simulations
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
NavalNewZ

RE: HPS

Post by NavalNewZ »

Ok, so please forgive my ignorance - what titles will HPS be selling, and what will JT be selling?
..there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Anything new from John Tiller will be at his website/store. Anything old will continue from HPS.

HPS also produces their own line of games. I don't own any of them.

Welcome to HPS Simulations, the Wargamer's True Ally
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Boy you can read between the lines on that statement.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
htuna

Post by htuna »

I read it as HPS trying to save face in the uproar over JTiller's DRM.. Don't know that HPS will survive without Tiller, I mean what else do they sell?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Go to the website and then the product page. The designer is listed with each game. There is more than JT.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

^Yep, and I have bought games from HPS since Panthers in the Shadows.

I will continue to buy games from HPS, and now more so, due to his stance on DRM and the respect he shows for his customers.

JT games I have played tons, but like Battlefront, and Storm Eagle Studios, no longer.

Oh well JT studios like someone else posted has just simplified my game purchasing choices.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Digital download is a step in the right direction for me!
Alba gu' brath
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Let's wait if they make PzC available via download. Was on the verge to purchase Budapest a few times already, but always stepped back.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: sabre1
I will continue to buy games from HPS, and now more so, due to his stance on DRM and the respect he shows for his customers.

To say +1 doesn't even suffice how much I agree with this statement.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
rowech

Post by rowech »

I hate to post this here but I've been debating buying Campain 1776 from them.  Should I pull the trigger immediately?  Wait?  Or will it not matter for that game?
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

ORIGINAL: rowech

I hate to post this here but I've been debating buying Campain 1776 from them.  Should I pull the trigger immediately?  Wait?  Or will it not matter for that game?

Campaign 1776 is still available from HPS as a CD and should be for a good while I would think.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

As I posted on another thread, I will continue to buy from HPS (actually NWS for price) the Tiller games I don't have yet. I will for now not buy from Tiller software. If he changes to allowing CD hard copies and his scheme so it is like the one at HPS I will consider purchasing new titles since it looks like that may be the only place they will be available. My preference would have been for him to continue via HPS.

Oh - my potential Christmas list has three Tiller games on it, but all from HPS. No Kharkov 43.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

As I posted on another thread, I will continue to buy from HPS (actually NWS for price) the Tiller games I don't have yet. I will for now not buy from Tiller software. If he changes to allowing CD hard copies and his scheme so it is like the one at HPS I will consider purchasing new titles since it looks like that may be the only place they will be available. My preference would have been for him to continue via HPS.

Oh - my potential Christmas list has three Tiller games on it, but all from HPS. No Kharkov 43.

Agreed 100%....brought my christmas games already...[:)]
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

ORIGINAL: cmurphy625

I read it as HPS trying to save face in the uproar over JTiller's DRM.. Don't know that HPS will survive without Tiller, I mean what else do they sell?

Tons of ancients and medieval games I hope. They have Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, Greek Wars, Renassiance so far and I own all of those.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Glenn posted at the blitz that HPS was going DD and this was the time to split and do it their way.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

ORIGINAL: diablo1

Tons of ancients and medieval games I hope. They have Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, Greek Wars, Renassiance so far and I own all of those.

Musket and Pike: The Renaissance is a Tiller game, in fact it's even based off of his Napoleonic Wars engine.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

I respect John Tiller, I like his wargame designs (Campaign Series, Panzer Campaigns) however I do have different opinion about his new Kharkov 1943 DRM...so for me no more new games from his DD store. I bought few HPS titles in the past, like Tigers on the Prowl 2 (still have it on my computer and few of the campaign disks) and Panther in the Shadows. I'm currently waiting for Tigers on the Prowl 3 using Points of Attack 2 game engine. I like the HPSSIMS view on DRM, I hopefully I won't have to wait for too long for TOP3.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Boy you can read between the lines on that statement.

I'm glad they're sticking to their current relatively DRM-less trend. Since they're also going digital download, I'll certainly consider grabbing some more titles from HPS in the future.
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

Isn't about time HPS provided a map editior for their games?? I know I would use it to play balance and enhance the game. Come on HPS it is standard fair these days to have a map editor.
Capt. Cliff

Return to “General Discussion”