Panzer Corps Invades Stores In Early 2011

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

SeanD

Panzer Corps Invades Stores In Early 2011

Post by SeanD »

A new dawn for strategy gaming

In 1994 Strategic Simulations Inc. (SSI) released a title that would change the face of strategy gaming forever. Panzer General delivered an exceptionally easy to learn gameplay system and was such a captivating game that it became a benchmark for future designers for years to come.

In 2011 a project developed by The Lordz Games Studio and published by Slitherine, will see fans of the series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance.

Iain McNeil, director of Development at Slitherine said: "With this game we are trying to bring the golden age of strategy gaming back to its roots. This game is Slitherine's homage to one of the greatest strategy titles of all time and we are working hard to ensure we capture the flavor of that masterpiece, yet update it with features and a graphical style that will appeal to a modern strategy gamer".

Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions.

Tim van der Moer, Managing Director of the Lordz Games Studio said: "There are many World War II strategy games out there, but Panzer Corps will blow you away. We are putting all our efforts to make a memorable game, that can stand the test of time the way Panzer General did".

The game is absolutely huge:
  • 400 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes with 20 detailed parameters to identify units abilities, 17 terrain types affecting gameplay in various way. Panzer Corps will celebrate the glory days of strategy gaming with the aim of attracting new players to the genre;
  • Campaign: all 26 scenarios are combined into a large campaign tree with several entry points at various stages of the war. Depending on the outcome of each battle (decisive victory, marginal victory or defeat), the player will be faced with different challenges and a progress along different parts of the campaign tree;
  • Nations: all major and many minor nations represented: Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Great Britain, USA, USSR, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Albania, Romania, Greece and more.
  • Core units that travel with you throughout the campaign gaining experience and that can be upgraded as new weapon technologies become available.
Get more information from the product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Schnaufer

RE: Panzer Corps Invades Stores In Early 2011

Post by Schnaufer »

Yay !
[&o]
parusski

Post by parusski »

As the great Jackie Gleason used to say, "How sweet it is".
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Spechtmeise

Post by Spechtmeise »

Is this the ultimate strategy game? The one I've been waiting for that will bring back those evenings of blissful and innocent gaming when Windows was young?
Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get Me!
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Main question for the moment: can artillery move and fire? If yes, it already has at least one feature PG didn't have in earlier installments.

I enjoyed Barbarossa a lot, and have been waiting for another similar game for a while, so I'm looking forward to it. I've also had only good experiences with both The Lordz and Slitherine thus far.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
Hobo55

Post by Hobo55 »

When you say early - Jan Feb Mar ?
Hobo5
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

Will we need to buy expansion packs, or seperate versions to play different nations/sides?

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”