US Army HQ with "motorized squads" not working as HQ?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

castor troy

US Army HQ with "motorized squads" not working as HQ?

Post by castor troy »

Hi

I´ve found out during the early days as Allied that my 100% prepped divisions most times ended up with an adjusted av around 50% on average. Then as time passed by, more and more HQs were available and I had a 100% prepped HQ with all my invasions and voila, the adjusted av sky rocketed to 100% or even higher all the time. Now there is the 6th US ARMY HQ now in my game and I´m using it to support another invasion. Divisions and HQ 100% prepped. And what´s happening? I´m constantly getting adjusted av around 50% again. First I´ve thought that it´s plain bad luck, but you can´t have that much bad luck that it happens again and again I´ve thought as I would be super lucky to never see it somewhere else where I´m using a fully prepped HQ.

As you might know, I´m suspecious [;)] so I took a closer look at what could make my adjusted av "fail" all the time. No fat, no disruption, the usual leaders, fully prepped... in fact, all was looking good. Until I realized that this HQ got only MOTORIZED SQUADS. I´ve noticed it during loading already but didn´t really care, I even thought great, I don´t have to use one of the precious APA to transport it but only have to use some LST. But now it seems the HQ is doing NOTHING!

Can someone confirm please that A) the HQ is supposed to have motorized support and B) that it actually works with motorized support.

Do you want me to post a safe? Can provide one if needed when I order my next attack.

thanks
Sly

RE: US Army HQ with "motorized squads" not working as HQ?

Post by Sly »

Do you get HQ (+) during combat? If yes its strange thig looks like 100% prepared LCU got same 50% av bonus during combat from own preparation and with HQ bonus.
Aaaaaa remamber Castor that you need a Corps HQ and Army HQ (or Command) within a range targeting same location to get HQ bonus. There was a patch note about it
About motorized support as part of HQ I dont now how it can affect a bonus
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Sly

Do you get HQ (+) during combat? If yes its strange thig looks like 100% prepared LCU got same 50% av bonus during combat from own preparation and with HQ bonus.
Aaaaaa remamber Castor that you need a Corps HQ and Army HQ (or Command) within a range targeting same location to get HQ bonus. There was a patch note about it
About motorized support as part of HQ I dont now how it can affect a bonus

I seem to never get any (+) or (-) as the attacker, have noticed this earlier a dozen of times already. Nevertheless I always had good av with HQ while average 50% adjusted av without HQ. And I never use a Corps and Army HQ for the same target, always going with only one and this has worked just perfectly (in regards to adjusted av) until I´ve used 6th US Army HQ for the first time. And the only thing I´ve noticed to be different so far is the fact that this HQ got motorized squads instead of support squads all the other HQs got.

The only time I use more than one HQ for the same target is when going against a real tough target, then usually a Corps or Army HQ with the troops and a command HQ (?) like South Pacific in range.
Sly

Post by Sly »

Readme file says
77. Gameplay Change: When calculating the bonus for land unit planning for a target, the land unit and its HQs (corps and command) must be planning for same target to get the full HQ bonuses.
For sure I got sometimes HQ (+) symbol but when planning both Corps and Command\Army HQ. But I have pbem as japanese, and dont have H2H save with 6US Army HQ. So cant confirm how 6th HQ works. looks like you will do some tests:)
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Sly

Readme file says
77. Gameplay Change: When calculating the bonus for land unit planning for a target, the land unit and its HQs (corps and command) must be planning for same target to get the full HQ bonuses.
For sure I got sometimes HQ (+) symbol but when planning both Corps and Command\Army HQ. But I have pbem as japanese, and dont have H2H save with 6US Army HQ. So cant confirm how 6th HQ works. looks like you will do some tests:)

yeah, not saying it wouldn´t be good to have corps and command HQ prepping, that´s what I do for tough targets. I´m happy with how it turns out with only the corps HQ usually but with 6th US Army I seem not to get any effect.

Return to “Tech Support”