Vista?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

daferg

Vista?

Post by daferg »

Howdy! I just bought Uncommon Valor and of course it does not work. This game looks great. Any issues running it on Vista?

ferg
aaffins

RE: Vista?

Post by aaffins »

I have not had any issues with it. However, 64 bit Vista does not seem to work with Tracker, which I've been told is awesome.
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

I run Tracker just fine on 64-bit Vista. The key is using 32-bit Java.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
ChickenOfTheSea

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

Martian Gamecock,
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java on my windows 7 machine. Does tracker need to be directed to the 32-bit in some fashion or will it choose automatically. I know this is probably somewhere in the tracker thread, but I don't feel like searching through a gazillion pages.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

I only have one installed, so I don't know. I suspect it would be controlled by your PATH environment variable.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
daferg

Post by daferg »

Thank you for the replies. I did not understand them but thanks anyhow. I bought it and it works. Talk about a huge game. Wow.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: ferg1234
Howdy! I just bought Uncommon Valor and of course it does not work. This game looks great. Any issues running it on Vista?

ferg
I'm sure you can get UV to work on Vista too ... just make sure not to install to program files & use / setup compatibility mode for UV.

There are still ppl playing UV and I'm sure asking the Q in that forum would get a better response.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... lity-mode/
ORIGINAL: aaffins

I have not had any issues with it. However, 64 bit Vista does not seem to work with Tracker, which I've been told is awesome.
Incorrect it does work ... just not as easy to set up.(see below)
ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

Martian Gamecock,
I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java on my windows 7 machine. Does tracker need to be directed to the 32-bit in some fashion or will it choose automatically. I know this is probably somewhere in the tracker thread, but I don't feel like searching through a gazillion pages.
Yes it does if you have both Java versions installed ... and our web-page has this information...

Batch file should look like this for 64 bit users...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause
ChickenOfTheSea

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

Thanks, Damian.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

Return to “The War Room”