Thank You Matrix!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Bison36

Thank You Matrix!

Post by Bison36 »

Unlimited re-downloads - Previously you had to purchase an extended download service to allow you to download your game for 2 years. Now you get free unlimited re-downloads as part of the purchase price! Note that previous sales through our old store will still re-download from Digital River, but we are working to see if we can provide extended downloads to those orders as well.

This is just outstanding news. I really hope you work out a deal with Digital River, since so many of your customers have a number of your titles in their gaming library. The added security blanket of unlimited downloads is just awesome. I got to tell you everytime I start to think about the "what if's..." I need to double check that my game discs are still safe and secure. Let me tell you I once lost the disc with JTCS and FoF on it and I was in a panic. I promptly made another copy once I found it.
junk2drive

RE: Thank You Matrix!

Post by junk2drive »

Facebook page now too. Click the FB button on the upper right of the home page.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks everyone, we are really excited about the new site and store - I hope you like it too! Please keep the feedback coming.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

I get come page clutter and gobblediigook at the store page. Items are below the bottom of the page, items run into one another can't read the words because of overlaying words from other titles stuff like that. But, I still like what I can read and see so far.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Diablo1,

Could you please let us know which internet browser you are using?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Fine here on

Firefox 3.6
IE8
Chrome 7.0
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

IE8 Erik
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

diablo1,

Very odd, it looks perfect on IE8 for us. Could you please post a screenshot of what you see and also confirm which version of IE8 you have (in the IE8 menu under ? -> About Internet Explorer).

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

How do I take a screenshot and post it so I can show you what it looks like on my screen?
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Looks great. So am I to take it this is a move away from Digital River? Good or bad from different perspectives, must be a bit sad for you as you've had a long relationship, but also quite a relief as they did seem to be holding you back regarding store features.

Lets hope the new one opens some doors...unlimited free re-dowloads is a very good start. Congratulations
Alba gu' brath
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

8.0.6001 version
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, I'm on 8.0.7600 here. I'll see if I can get a system running with that version.

Judge, thanks it does mean that we have parted ways with Digital River. Rather than looking back though, I will say that we have a lot of great things in store for the future based on the work we put into our new site and store design, which will hopefully let us serve you all better.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Mine is 806001 but 1024x768 CRT

Edit just tried it on the wife's wide screen and ok there too.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

You left Digital River? YAHOOOOOO! I won I won I won. lol I never did like the service I got from them and trying to keep up with all my games with that "findmygame" routine was a PITA. I just want a nice simple place that keeps track of all my games by my login ID and CD keys now is that so hard?
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

New site looks great, Erik. Congrats on the new store and site!

I did run into one problem, though. None of the pics for the games in the store are loading for me on Firefox 3.6.12. Works fine on IE8.
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Where/when did you get 7600 Erik? Why didn't Microsoft tell me about an update to IE8? At any rate I loaded it again from this page and it looks fine now. The other page was from a link from another site that was telling about it. Musta got messed up in the link?
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Awww darn it's back again. Seems to be from the front page of matrixgames.com, but, if I go directly to the store it doesn't do what it's doing on the main page. Quite strange.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks everyone.

Diablo1, the more info you can give us, the better. If you have any background apps or browser add-ons (like toolbars) running you may want to try turning those off too to see if they are interfering. The version I have is on Windows 7 64-bit, what OS are you running?

Slick Wilhelm, thanks for that report, we will check it out. The pics work for me in Firefox 3.6.12 though - do you have any add-ons installed that may be blocking them?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

I'm running Vista64 SP2. Plus I don't have this kind of issue with any other site I visit and I visit a lot. Wish I knew how to take a screenshot and show you how messed up it is. It looks like 3D does with those 3D glasses on.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Diablo1,

The most basic way to take a screenshot is to hit Control-PrintScreen while you have the site loaded, then open Paint and Edit -> Paste, then save it as a GIF or JPG to upload here.

I can try this in Vista tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”