Reviews and Awards for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic. With this military juggernaut of the ancient world at your disposal, you will vie for control over Italy, Carthage, Spain and the Mediterranean Sea using a combination of strategic political maneuvering and sheer tactical skill both on land and sea. Play consists of two layers; the first is a strategic layer where you must prudently steer your forces to the destruction of Rome’s army and the ultimate destruction of the Republic and city itself. At your disposal are a variety of unit types and historical commanders from which to form your armies. On the tactical scale, when meeting the enemy in battle, skilled leadership and a knack for war come into play as you use a simple but engaging battle system to best your opponents.

Moderator: mercenarius

SeanD

Reviews and Awards for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage

Post by SeanD »

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Gamer's Hall Game of the Year Award 2010 [translation][/center]

Game Shark's Most Under Appreciated Games of 2010
If this period in history intrigues you, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

88% - Gamer's Hall [Translation]
[Translated from German] Very good AI, sophisticated game mechanics, unique presentation...

TLeaves
Hannibal is a unique little gem of a wargame... I simply can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a tile-based war game that looked this good.

Gamecorner.pl
[Translated from Polish] (Hannibal is) simple and stylized, like the board game, but really deep, which is a real challenge...
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
anarchyintheuk

RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage

Post by anarchyintheuk »

I understand his comments concerning the combat system . . . some of the resolution is open, some still remains under the hood. Have to admit that I don't particularly mind the part that remains under the hood. I don't want to start having to calculate expected losses/hits for each operation prior to starting. However, given my ocd nature I'm pretty sure that I would.

If I want to be a pain the arse (and I am) he stated that the combat system was among the 'games biggest drawbacks' w/o really mentioning another.

Congratulations on the good review, it's well deserved.
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added the Gamer's Hall review.
Sean Drummy

SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added Game Shark's award for the most under appreciated games of 2010!
Sean Drummy

diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Added Game Shark's award for the most under appreciated games of 2010!

LOL
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

Added yet another positive review.
Sean Drummy

Orm

Post by Orm »

Swedish PC Gamer magazine had a very positive review a couple of months ago.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War”