Rare F4U-1 Recovered

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Reg

Rare F4U-1 Recovered

Post by Reg »

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
sdhundt

RE: Rare F4U-1 Recovered

Post by sdhundt »

Awesome, I'm in Milwaukee WI just a few miles up the road from where the F4U-1 was found.  The plane is in great shape because it was in fresh not salt water.  Just seeing those gull wings come out of the water sent a chill down my spine. 
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

They had an F4U at the air show here in Jacksonville. I have heard the B-24, B-17 and Mustang at different air shows, but the F4U with the R-2800 is an amazing sound that did give me goose bumps. It flew for 10 minutes or so, did some high speed passes and simple maneuvers. It was an amazing sight to see.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I used to scuba dive in Lake Michigan, (live in Indiana), and it has several TBF and F4F types as well..

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”