Game won't play

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

jclauder

Game won't play

Post by jclauder »

I installed Harpoon 3 ANW and patched it with 394. I run the game and get the main menu ok, but when I click the Play button, I just get a screen popup real fast and then it goes away. I can't read it and its just a flicker and I'm back at the main menu. I have Windows 7.

Whats going on? Please help.

Thanks,
kamikazeiidx

RE: Game won't play

Post by kamikazeiidx »

Hi, I may be able to help you with this issue. Which product version of ANW do you have? Where did you buy it? In what order did you install it? Did you have a previous version of ANW before you installed this version?

Thanks,
Adam
Software Testing and Support Intern
Advanced Gaming Systems Inc.
http://www.computerharpoon.com
Vincenzo_Beretta

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

Similar problems have been reported before. I don't know if they are relate to the one you are seeing. Anyway (I am assuming that you are playing the Harpoon ANW) here are the patch details after you install your game.

Did you install all the patches correctly?

Here is the order I recommend as the minimum requirements:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3A ... 80-Inc.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3A ... 3900DR.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3A ... 2bComp.zip

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3A ... e-v394.zip

http://tinyurl.com/29rx7lo
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

jclauder,
ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

[...]

http://tinyurl.com/29rx7lo

This curious last link doesn´t lead you to a patch for ANW but you´re downloading the so-called "Player´s Database".

Matrix/AGSI support ANW, its official updates and the HUD 3 database.

FreekS

Post by FreekS »

In my humble opinion, the PlayersDB is also the best supported database with many wonderfull scenarios, as well as the only database with which you can go play a Multiplayer game (no, the official database or game owners never bothered to set up a server). By all means try the official databases, and then compare it with the PlayersDB and make up your own mind.

Regards,
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

ORIGINAL: jclauder

I installed Harpoon 3 ANW and patched it with 394. I run the game and get the main menu ok, but when I click the Play button, I just get a screen popup real fast and then it goes away. I can't read it and its just a flicker and I'm back at the main menu. I have Windows 7.

Whats going on? Please help.

Thanks,

JC,

Although the game/screen appears briefly, the best way to check what's happening is fairly easy.

1. Open your C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare folder

2. There's a folder named ATOut
E.g. C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare\ATOut

3. Open the ATOut folder and you should find a series of txt files:
debug_H3, debug_Scenedit, debug_H3Client etc.

4. The file that applies to your issue will be named after the executable you were attempting to run.

5. If you send that to me, I'll pass it along to one of the AGSI guys who look after these issues. Without the info in that file we'll struggle to nail down your individual issue.

Sorry I can't offer a fix immediately and for the delay in getting back to you, the key to your issue is most likely in the debug file. My email address is: dbuckley@advancedgaming.biz

Cheers

Darren
Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”