OT: VOTE!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Bullwinkle58

OT: VOTE!!

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

If you in the USA today, and eligible, please take the time to vote. Vote for whomever you like, but get up, get out, and do it.

Thank you.
The Moose
Canoerebel

RE: OT: VOTE!!

Post by Canoerebel »

Done. [:D]
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

No politics. You guys KNOW that.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
anarchyintheuk

Post by anarchyintheuk »

Done . . . . with a due sense of loathing and foreboding.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Done

------------

Yep...get off your keester and vote for what you believe in...

Andy M
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

C'mon, Terminus, he's not advocating who we vote for, just that we get off our duffs and vote.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

As soon as I get off work.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Mark VII

Post by Mark VII »

Done. No lines and took 4 minutes.
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

If you in the USA today, and eligible, please take the time to vote. Vote for whomever you like, but get up, get out, and do it.

Thank you.

Mr. Moose,

I appreciate the sentiment you are attempting to convey. However, I have had the opportunity to work with many "voters."

I too would encourage people to get off their duff and vote -- but only if they have even the slightest clue of what they are voting for or against. The death of representative government will not be anarchy or authoritarianism, it will be apathy; failure of the vast electorate to collectively care enough to educate themselves.

This, by the way, is a bi-partisian non-political message. :-)

Regards,
Feltan
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Took my Father in Loveland, CO to vote and just now cast my lot here in good ole La Salle, CO!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Thank you.

Mr. Moose,

I appreciate the sentiment you are attempting to convey. However, I have had the opportunity to work with many "voters."

I too would encourage people to get off their duff and vote -- but only if they have even the slightest clue of what they are voting for or against. The death of representative government will not be anarchy or authoritarianism, it will be apathy; failure of the vast electorate to collectively care enough to educate themselves.

Regards,
Feltan

[:D]
LST Express

Post by LST Express »

I voted before the sun came up today.
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I refuse to vote in Florida, but runners are idiots. Only thing I will vote on anyway is pot being legal.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

C'mon, Misconduct. That's the kind of crud that crosses the line and turns the thread political.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

C'mon, Terminus, he's not advocating who we vote for, just that we get off our duffs and vote.

Agreed, posting a reminder that it is the day to vote doesn't seem taboo to me. It's a politically neutral message. [8D]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

Is it? What if you are a monarchist? [8|][:'(]

I'm with T on this one. I'd venture at minimum half the users here couldn't care less about US election as they are either in another country or folks like Misconduct who are disgusted with the system.

So yes, it is a political statement because it has absolutely no purpose to serve here other than promote 'voting', which is a decidedly political action.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No politics. You guys KNOW that.

It's not politics. Read the post.
The Moose
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Edited because I like editing and decided what I wrote was better off being edited completely out of the post.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Feltan

Regards,
Feltan

Duly noted. [:)]

When I was a kid, my father was active duty and believed he should not vote for the people who gave him orders and could send him to war. A bit archaic perhaps, but that was his belief. My mother was not a citizen until late in her life. So, I never got to see people vote growing up.

Now I think it's about the neatest thing we do every so often, right up there with jury duty. I have volunteer-taught citizenship prep courses, and those seeking the right to vote universally think it's pretty neat too, in my experience.

Today I did my research, but they tripped me up. I wasn't ready for the Soil and Water Conservation District race. It happens.

And, I'll bet that MANY of you are jealous that we Minn-uh-soootans get to vote yea or nay on a fine gentleman who was not only a quarterback destroyin', havoc-wreakin' Purple People Eater, not only a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not only a long-time Associate Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, but also a man who can flat out WEAR a bow tie: Associate Justice Alan C. Page. (Check out the photo.)

From the Web site: "*Employed full-time as a professional football player while a full-time law student"

http://www.mncourts.gov/?ID=30009&page=31
The Moose
pmelheck1

Post by pmelheck1 »

Voted ... 

I've almost given up on these boards due to the rabid anti-Americanism that pervades when anything U.S. is brought up here.

Return to “General Discussion”