beta 2 patch is great, Pathing is 100%, armour and guns need work!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
ANZAC_Tack

beta 2 patch is great, Pathing is 100%, armour and guns need work!

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

new patch has helped pathing SO much, bouquett boys well done.

i have played the grand campaign now both sides, a total of 7 times, on recruite to now on veteran, and wow german armour is paper thin!. morters always take out main guns LOL(any tank, any side) has the armour been radically changed after 14 years for a reason? why is the firefly now king? why can piats and spit wadz(bazooka 2.5") now decimate a panzer brigade?

but the armour and guns needs a major look at.

*german 88 flax taken out with first round with 60 or 80/3"morter, im so friggin over this! OMG first round at about 200 meters from tube, unsighted, kills all crew and gun 1 hit, this is so common, make the guns a little hartier, or tune down morters, there to powerfull....same with any gun, there pinned down in seconds by riflemen, flax guns i find killed by "A" rifle section, thats silly...suppressed maybe, but wiping out guns like this game has me throwing keyboards at the wall!

*german half trucks will not fire if 'supressed'symbol is showing, i have worked around it by moving truck about, wait 30 seconds and try again, what BS fix it please.

my panther brigade was decimated by 2 bazookas, one side on at 60 meters(my bad not clearing it out first) but 100 meters front on, both 1 round, 1 smoked panther, WTF? its to consistant! and piats still take out king tigers front on, WTF?

also i have noticed when merging BGs that you 'lose'all support if alocated to top BG icon, i have learnt to allocate supply to bottom unit if merging.
also tanks/units dissapear from one unit( i had 3 king tigers and all 3 got put back to supply, not in roster so i lost all experience and points!!!!!!) ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have screamed and bashed my keyboards in a call of duty modern warfare II manour( like german tantrum kid on utube) i have lost my shit watching my 3 prized panthers be taken out by random morter strikes(immobile/main gun gone, to me lost 100% of time no matter the supply!!!!!)

AFTER SPENDING A FEW YEARS BEING A PAID TESTER I WOULD LOVE TO BE PRIVY TO ANY TESTS/COMMUNICATION AS I DID NOT LEAK/SELL OUT!

lol

RANT DONE...

now breath....

ANZAC_Tack
Tejszd

RE: beta 2 patch is great, Pathing is 100%, armour and guns need work!

Post by Tejszd »

Anzac_tack,

Grab the new update V5.60.021 as it does address your 1st point about mortars taking out main guns....
  • Reduced chance of a gun damage result for non-penetrating hits on vehicles.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

thanks for posting Tack [:)]

Tejszd........IS THERE A NEW PATCH???? a 3rd patch?? Ver 5.60.021??? i thought V5.60.02b was the latest?? where is it???

unreal.. i just looked at the DL page.....im sure V5.60.021 wasnt there 2 weeks ago when my buddy DL V02b....why wasnt it posted there was another Beta????? my god [:@]
ANZAC_Tack

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

i have the new beta 2 patch released a few weeks ago, i have played approx 4 hours day to finish 7 grand campaigns.

i have found as germans its best to get mobile Bgs to pick up stationary BGs equipment, and move back, blow beidges, stall for time, merge to full strength then defend, untill the pz and tiger brigades arrive, merge with infantry, then let the gates of hell open....
ANZAC_Tack
Dundradal

Post by Dundradal »

ORIGINAL: STIENER
Tejszd........IS THERE A NEW PATCH???? a 3rd patch?? Ver 5.60.021??? i thought V5.60.02b was the latest?? where is it???

unreal.. i just looked at the DL page.....im sure V5.60.021 wasnt there 2 weeks ago when my buddy DL V02b....why wasnt it posted there was another Beta????? my god [:@]

It was posted yesterday. Directly from the Patch thread on the main level of the forum. So calm down....not the end of the world.
ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Hello again,

We have an updated version of this Beta, v5.60.021beta now available in the Members Club. This replaces .02 beta, and addresses much of the feedback we received. Are plan is to make this official next week, but thought we would have the Members look at it one more time before doing that. Thank you for all your input! Here is a list of additional changes;
  • Grand Campaign: Added German major supply depot on Helmond map.
  • 506.s.Pz.Abt. no longer gets more starting purchase points on Elite than on Veteran.
  • Fixed extra team(s) could be assigned to a BG when it returned after retreating off the map.
  • Fixed a case of soldier getting into circular move along the side of a long, linear obstacle.
  • Fixed a case of soldier getting stuck behind an obstacle right at the map edge.
  • Fixed last survivor on a team could capture terrain when routed.
  • Timer and force morale now show up when viewing Overview screen.
  • Scenario Editor no longer shows the wrong battle group name in the top banner when you clicked on or very close to the diamond rectangle.
  • Fixed case where incorrect end game video could be shown when game ends on the Strategic screen.
  • Fixed case where extra Victory Location could be awarded to opposing side when one side switched front line battle groups.
  • Reduced chance of a gun damage result for non-penetrating hits on vehicles.
  • Fixed crash with custom scenario on Ravenstein map when no Allied entry zone was set.
  • Fixed case where a bridge could become primed for demolition when Axis captured a single bridge Victory Location.
  • Scenario Editor "Battle Group Info" now reflects reinforcements that will arrive in the battle group's force pool based on turn currently selected.
  • Reduced gun damage and immobilize chance for grenades versus vehicles with higher armor.
  • Reduce soldier's likelihood of throwing grenades at vehicles outside of close assault situation.
  • Reduced rating of anti-vehicle SP ammo (i.e. APDS) vs. infantry and terrain, so it is not used unless all other ammo is gone.
  • “Under repair” bridge status now cleared correctly after movement resolution when full supply is lost and the bridge is uncontested.
  • Battle Group Screen: Removing a team (returning it to the Force Pool) removes the surviving team members as well, rather than re-distributing them to bring other teams up to strength. Teams that are automatically removed due to excessive casualties (immediately post-battle) still re-distribute their personnel to fill out other understrength teams.

WEAPONS.TXT
  • Removed incorrect blast effect from 17pdr SP (APDS) ammo
  • Corrected 17pdr AP penetration at point blank range.
  • Corrected base accuracy for 3.7cm Pak HEAT round.

FPOOLS.TXT
  • Added header fields to control BG slot scaling.

BGROUPS.TXT
  • Modified KG Knaust default slot types so the AI will select tanks by default.
[/ul]
"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message Marathon Infinity
ANZAC_Tack

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

weee....sounds good

ill get back to you in a few days with feedback..

keep em coming, great to see some post game support(unlike modern warfare II its non existant)
ANZAC_Tack
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

ORIGINAL: ANZAC_Tack

... great to see some post game support(unlike modern warfare II its non existant)

Thanks for your feedback Tack.

RE: support - Wouldn't have it any other way. We're a small team so we appreciate everyones patience while we get around to handling some of the discovered issues.
ANZAC_Tack

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

ok loaded new 21patch from members download, it appears to of fixed morter tank strike, and noticable changes as listed, so far its REALLY good, it is almost ready for GOLD release..whoops, my bad...dam mooxe is getting to me! lol
ANZAC_Tack
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Tack.... welcome back to the beta testing team.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

I may even start playing it again now...Hi Stiener,Tack...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
ANZAC_Tack

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

lol @ mooxe

yes i always enjoyed testing though,....wether its for dima(many dozens of hours also) or for pzj, or s3t,matrix, cso, simtec, i dont care, i have been paid a neet ton USD and got 3 odd free games, and so much pleasure out of seing experiments that the CC engine can do!(like claymore mines, getting a ride on vehicles etc...)

LSA is now well worth the cost, and is close to what i had hoped(except it needs bloody layable mines, vehicles i can transport in/guns with, 4v4 multiplayer) then thats a bloody game!
ANZAC_Tack
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Hi Von...cu on GR perhaps.........MSN?>>>>>>
ANZAC_Tack

Post by ANZAC_Tack »

yes tiger, its well worth it now
its almost good enough for h2h testing...

still tank v tank, and atg/bazooka/shreck/piats need some fine tuning...then i will h2h...

but call of duty 7 black ops is released in 3 days so alais...it may have to wait!

i will always love close combat first (let me see 1996 to 2009 um yeah cc1/2/3/4/5/ccm3/4/5/raf/mt/coi/tld/this), just need a freakin awsome FPS now and then!
ANZAC_Tack
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i agree Tack tank vs tank, and atg/bazooka/shreck/piats need some fine tuning ...especially the tank vs tank

Return to “Tech Support”