Can you refuel Ships with no Fuel?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Kull

Can you refuel Ships with no Fuel?

Post by Kull »

Believe me, I've searched the existing threads, but can't find a clear cut answer to this question:

"If you have a ship stranded in space with no fuel, can it be refueled, and if so, how?"
LoBaron

RE: Can you refuel Ships with no Fuel?

Post by LoBaron »

They don´t really strand but continue with (I hope I got that right) 1/4 speed. (or was it 1/3?)

In case of refueling with other vessels someone else has to answer that. Still a total noob on this.
Kull

Post by Kull »

I hope they can at least move. Most of my capital ships and cruisers are stranded, fuel-less, in the Dead Zone. If there's literally no way to refuel them it's going to take forever for them to crawl to a refueling point.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

I think its 1/3 speed, however be warned depleted energy uses fuel to recharge, so a empty ship although it still can move fine it cannot shoot [;)]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

I believe building a supply ship and moving it to those stranded ships should do the trick.
Kull

Post by Kull »

Thanks for the tips, guys! Oddly enough, once they reached the edge of the Dead Zone, all of them were able to warp over to a starbase. I guess you don't need fuel for the interstellar drives?
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Nope, interstellar drive at 1/3 speed [;)]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Wenla

Post by Wenla »

ORIGINAL: Kull

Thanks for the tips, guys! Oddly enough, once they reached the edge of the Dead Zone, all of them were able to warp over to a starbase. I guess you don't need fuel for the interstellar drives?

I have seen this behaviour also and assumed that Dead Zone (nebula?) reduces interstellar drives speed almost to nothing movement. After they get out from nebula, they move 'normally'.
Before you can define your strategy, you have to have a vision

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”