OPINION OF FITE USING 3.4 BETA

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

loveman2

OPINION OF FITE USING 3.4 BETA

Post by loveman2 »

I would like to know the opinions of other players of 3.4 beta playing FITE, my own toughts are that is is bloody hard going having to wait for railroad and bridge repairs and slows the german player. I think 3.2 is better for this scenario[&:]
larryfulkerson

RE: OPINION OF FITE USING 3.4 BETA

Post by larryfulkerson »

I too have found the repair ability of the railroad engineers ( and pioneers ) is slower in 3.4 than in 3.2  I've learned to spread them out on damaged hexes, one to a hex, rather than pile them on one damaged hex trying to repair IT.   The following turn, when they haven't moved yet, is successful most of the time.  It is an encreased hassle however.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Panama

Post by Panama »

How does the repair rate in 3.4 compare to historical repair rates?
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

You could probably figure out the historical rates from information given at http://www.feldgrau.com/dreichsbahn.html if you care to do the work.......please let us know! :)
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

The most the new rules could possibly slow it is one turn from the old way. And that is if bridges were being repaired at the very end of the engineers' movements - clearly unrealistic.

Nevertheless, when it was implemented, I did suggest that some balance be restored back to the repairers a bit, but it didn't make the list.

I had suggested that minor bridges be made a bit easier to repair than major bridges, and that major bridges be made a bit harder to blow (perhaps requiring a bit of engineering to do so). See items 2.22.2 and 2.23 in the Wishlist.

By the way, I'm posting this from Sindh Provence, Pakistan.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Panama

Post by Panama »

Well, it took until September 29 to repair the line as far as Staraya-Russa. That's about 63 hexes as the crow flies. However, the Soviets had not managed to convert all of the rail in the Baltic countries to wide gauge, only parts along the eastern borders. So the Germans didn't have to convert all of it. (The Soviet Economy and the Red Army, 1930-1945 Walter S. Dunn, Jr.)

I think the three repair units per line as used in DNO under the previous version would be close enough. Seems FiTE was a bit to lenient perhaps? And how long does it take to rebuild a blown bridge? Do you think 3.5 days is a bit fast? I know it would depend alot on how much was destroyed and the size of the bridge but no way to accommodate those things in game.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”