Having problems with tons of bugs

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
JRB823

Having problems with tons of bugs

Post by JRB823 »

Running Windows XP, with virus protection off, 4 gigs of ram, an I7 processor and a GTX260 video card. I am getting tons of windows exception errors. I went on the Ageod site, downloaded the patch (latest 'L' patch), and the number of errors decreased but are still frequent.

I run other Ageod games like the Civil war and Revolutionary war and both are rock solid.

What gives with this game and the zillions of bugs. It is unplayable. Ageod used to be a quality company. What happened? Very, very disappointed and will be avoiding future Ageod products in the future.

BigJ62

RE: Game is a bugfest and is unplayable.

Post by BigJ62 »

runs fine on my machine w7 x64 gtx480
Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.
jomni

Post by jomni »

Technically this game is not developed by AGEOD but done by a third party.
But I do not experience the bugs you are referring to.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Sounds like an installation issue. Maybe a corrupted installer download.

With that many errors, it's not game bugs. Can you re-download the full gold version?

JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

I own the orginal game and upgraded it to gold. I've reinstalled twice and still there are issues. I've been able to mitigate these errors somewhat by running the game in single CPU mode. Apparently the game doesn't run well in a 32 bit environment when running in multicore mode. I am still running into a game stopping bug but it is far less frequent than b4.
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

If you can provide me any infos on how to replicate the game stop/freeze, even by posting here (or AgeOD official forum) a savegame, you're welcome! [:)]

Thanks for your patience,
Calvinus.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I use 32bit and multi core and have no problems...the game is no where near a bug fest.....it was many moons ago...not now...hate it when people come along shouting about how a game is a bug fest and yet no one else experiences the problems they have...the issue must lie in your installation if it was the game everyone else would have zillions of bugs...

If I had problems with a game that seemed to be OK for everyone else I would go on the forum and ask for help...not shouting and raving about how it's got zillions of bugs and how it's a terrible stain to the publishers......
JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I use 32bit and multi core and have no problems...the game is no where near a bug fest.....it was many moons ago...not now...hate it when people come along shouting about how a game is a bug fest and yet no one else experiences the problems they have...the issue must lie in your installation if it was the game everyone else would have zillions of bugs...

If I had problems with a game that seemed to be OK for everyone else I would go on the forum and ask for help...not shouting and raving about how it's got zillions of bugs and how it's a terrible stain to the publishers......

Just for you, because you hated the title of the thread, I changed it. Excuse me for being human and expressing my frustration. I posted here in the Tech Support forum hoping to get a solution. Fortunately I getting that from everyone else.
JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

Hi Calvinus,

Is there any sort of error log I could retrieve? The errors I am getting are Windows exception errors, not game generated errors. The bulk of them seem to happen when a couple of game information screen are up. If I click using the mouse and it isn't in the game info screen, I can get the Windows Exception error.

PS. I am a big fan of the Ageod games, just very frustrated that I can't play the game. Unfortunately a lot of my frustration came through in my post. I have never had this extent of issues with a game and can play ACW and other games without zero issues. Please accept my apology.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

Didn't a couple other people have big problems when trying to update their original version with the gold-patch one? 

IIRC, the solution was sending the full gold version to them. 

I dunno what is making it flip out other than one of the installers being jacked?
wodin

Post by wodin »

@JRB823...sorry if I overreacted aswell...I hope you get the game to work as it is a damn good game....really plays out WW1 which many said couldn't be done...I overeacted because Calvinos has put in some damn hard work to get the game running well and I hope the game is still selling well for him...so a post with your heading may put new people off buying it...thats all...

Again I apologise for coming on strong...

P.S If I had the know how I would have helped you out...
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel

Didn't a couple other people have big problems when trying to update their original version with the gold-patch one? 

IIRC, the solution was sending the full gold version to them. 

I dunno what is making it flip out other than one of the installers being jacked?

Mmmh... yes I remember that! Send a PM to PhilThib in the official forum of AgeOD asking for the download link to the full version.

JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

@JRB823...sorry if I overreacted aswell...I hope you get the game to work as it is a damn good game....really plays out WW1 which many said couldn't be done...I overeacted because Calvinos has put in some damn hard work to get the game running well and I hope the game is still selling well for him...so a post with your heading may put new people off buying it...thats all...

Again I apologise for coming on strong...

P.S If I had the know how I would have helped you out...

No need to apologize. Instead of asking for help, I was ragging about the game. Your point was well taken. There is a constructive way for asking for help and a destructive way.
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

Be sure also no particulary intrusive firewall is "disturbing" the game.

Also, post here a screenshot of the config tool, maybe there's actually some config that cause the crashes.

Finally, have you trued with sounds off?
JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

I tried it without sounds or music on. The crashes are occuring during various information screens. It usually happens during the information boxes that come up. After I click the mouse, bam, windows exception error. I have had no problem clicking on the map or the units, or dragging them.

When I first ran into the problem, I tried changing the settings in the game config tool from the default one. I've tried most of the combinations and nothing got better. Is there any settings I should be trying?

I didn't mention this, but I bought the original game from Matrixgames but the gold update I bought on Ageod.
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

It's extremely weirth this kind of crash. What does happen if you hit the Enter key to close the message dialog, instead of hitting the close button? [X(]
JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

ORIGINAL: calvinus72

It's extremely weirth this kind of crash. What does happen if you hit the Enter key to close the message dialog, instead of hitting the close button? [X(]

The full download did the trick. I was able to play the game for 2 hours and enjoy it. Thanks for your help!
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: JRB823

ORIGINAL: calvinus72

The full download did the trick. I was able to play the game for 2 hours and enjoy it. Thanks for your help!

Woot! [8D]
calvinus72

Post by calvinus72 »

So, as I posted on AgeOD forum, that would mean the several installs created some conflict on the file system, thus causing the crashes.
JRB823

Post by JRB823 »

Hi Calvinus,

Good thing I bought the Gold update from Ageod and bought the physical disk instead of the download. I lost my member access at Matrix due to a HD crash and there is ZERO support for getting the password. Have waited 2 weeks without any help from Matrix.

Ageod replied the same day and I was up and running! Thats great support. Unfortunately I was stupid in downloading games from here and I am stuck without being able to re-download games I paid for and can't get updates.

Return to “Tech Support”