I've Found A Bug! (TF creation/teleporting ships)

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Possum

I've Found A Bug! (TF creation/teleporting ships)

Post by Possum »

Hello all.
I came across this bug on the weekend.
Apologies if it is already reported, but doing a search of the Bug report forum for previous reporting of the bug came up blank.
This Bug enables you to teleport whole Taskforces around the map to the base/hex of your choice!
Yes, no more do you need to worry about having that vital supply convoy intercepted and being sunk!
Just load them up and the teleport direct to the destination base, then unload!
works a treat for depositing the whole of 7th division in Gili Gil befor the Japs can get there!

Note for this bug to work you must have.
a) A friendly base or a Taskforce already present.
b) At least a ship present at the destination.

What you do is this
1st) Creat a Taskforce, and add in the ships you want to teleport.
2nd) Create a new task force, and transfer into this Taskforce ALL of the ships from the 1st (Original) Taskforce; Then unselect the newly transfered ships to send them back to the original taskforce, by clicking on the newly transferred ships within the same form T/F screen.
NOTE step two is to be done on the one screen, if you close this screen prior to emptying and returning the ships from the original Taskforce, you will not manefest this bug.
3rd) Note that the 1st Task force is no longer present in the Hex, even though you returned ships to it. (THIS IS THE BUG!!!!!)
It's gone to never-never land and taken all of those ships with it!
At this point if you activate the ships listing, you will see that the ships are listed as being nowhere, or in a nonsensical location.
4th) Now select the destination Base/Taskforce, select create new Taskforce, and transfer at least one ship into the newly formed Taskforce.
BINGO!, All of the missing ships from the original Taskforce are now present in the new Taskforce!
Note the new Taskforce MUST BE THE SAME NUMBER AS THE ORIGINAL TASKFORCE.
Also, there may need to be a delay of one turn between the formation of the original task force, and it being emptied and re-formed.
I was able to reproduce this bug at will, with any combination of ships.
I am using V1.2.
"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.
XPav

Post by XPav »

Verified.

This is a PBEM-killing bug right here.

I think it would be a good idea if Matrix delayed the patch to fix this.
I love it when a plan comes together.
Black Cat

Post by Black Cat »

Originally posted by XPav
Verified.

This is a PBEM-killing bug right here.

I think it would be a good idea if Matrix delayed the patch to fix this.
May I strongly disagree.

If your opponent is such a Sad Sack Cheater that they will use this obvious cheat ( your Recon can hardly miss them doing this you know) in the Game why play them at all ?

The problem caused by Ver 1.20 with the Heavy Bomber repair rate, as well as other, major previous problems that are also _Game Stoppers_ ( like the CV air not attacking ground units, AI sending your Rabual TF`s to Jap held Truk, etc ) are fixed in the soon ( hopefully) to be upcoming patch.

Those of us who play the full campaign game VS AI would really hope to continue our _long_ on hold Games and unless they can fix this "teleporting" problem real quick just release the new patch and deal with it later....

I`m very supportive of Matrix, but I really want to finish a full game of UV sooner then later.
XPav

Post by XPav »

Wasn't last patch was delayed to fix a similar cheat like this?

You don't always know or trust your opponent.

Do you always spot Noumea/Australia transfers?
How about Truk/Rabaul transfers?

I've played games online enough to know that there are always cheaters. Things like this that require the magical dance and don't automatically cut both ways can lead to new players, especially, being defeated and becoming discouraged.

This is bad.
I love it when a plan comes together.
Ron Saueracker

Wow

Post by Ron Saueracker »

I'll post this on the development site. The odds of you finding this one, or remembering how you did it:cool: must be pretty amazing. Thanks.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
BPRE

Post by BPRE »

Hi,

It's been reported before in this thread:
showthread.php?s=&threadid=22517

Regards
BPRE

Return to “Tech Support”