Renewed interest

Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.

Moderator: MOD_Armada2526

kingwanabee

Renewed interest

Post by kingwanabee »

I passed on this game when it first came out due to it's lackluster reception by many people. I've been following a thread at The Wargamer about Armada with the 1.4 patch, and now my interest is aroused. I'm a sucker for these space 4x games! [:)]

Two questions:

1) I've seen mention of an expansion. What is that about and when is it expected?
2) Impulse and Gamersgate both sell the game for $29.99. Matrix sells it for $39.99. I love to buy from Matrix, but hey, $10 is $10! Any chance of a price reduction?

Thanks
kingwanabee

RE: Renewed interest

Post by kingwanabee »

LOL! Well I guess the renewed interest is mine alone! [;)] No response on the pricing, Matrix? I'm close to pulling the trigger on this with Impulse.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: kingwanabee
Matrix, but hey, $10 is $10! Any chance of a price reduction?

Yes, there is a chance, let me double-check this with the developer.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
martok

Post by martok »

Hey kingwanabee. Glad to see my thread has sparked your curiosity about the game. [:)]

In regards to the expansion, R.T. Smith (Ntronium's lead developer) has said he hopes to have it released sometime by the end of the year.

As far as what's in it, this thread covers the majority of new features being added, and this thread specifically discusses the new trade system they're planning on implementing. There are other threads in the forum as well discussing the expansion, but those two cover the bulk of "new stuff". [8D]

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Martok, is this game easier to pick up than DW? I still haven't gotten into DW, probably just me not spending enough time with the game.

I do like combat though and did read your posts about combat.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
martok

Post by martok »

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Martok, is this game easier to pick up than DW? I still haven't gotten into DW, probably just me not spending enough time with the game.

Yes, I'd say Armada 2526 is definitely easier to learn & play than Distant Worlds.

I too feel like I've not fully mastered DW (although I do like it); there's just so much....stuff to do in that game, that it gets overwhelming. Armada, on the other hand, is a relative snap to learn -- the mechanics & gameplay are generally simpler, and the UI is much more intuitive and easier to grasp.

ORIGINAL: sabre1

I do like combat though and did read your posts about combat.

Yeah, it's not great. Of course, combat in Distant Worlds isn't exactly stellar either (no pun intended [:'(] ), but it is still better than Armada's IMHO.

kingwanabee

Post by kingwanabee »

Martok, thanks for your reply. Your views on the game posted at the Wargamer have pretty much sold me on this title. The only question is where will I buy it? I hope to see a response from Eric today about pricing, as I prefer to shop Matrix whenever possible.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep Martok, I will start saving my pennies for this title. Thanks for all your posts here and at the other site.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
kingwanabee

Post by kingwanabee »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, there is a chance, let me double-check this with the developer.

Regards,

- Erik

So what's the verdict here? [&:]
Arboris

Post by Arboris »

My advice is pay the extra $10 and know that when a new patch is made available you don't have to wait for the other digital download sites to update the patch.

I always try to purchase from as close to the source as possible to avoid patch delays.

-ZeroSum
martok

Post by martok »

@kingwanabee & sabre1: You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do. [:)]

ORIGINAL: ZeroSum

My advice is pay the extra $10 and know that when a new patch is made available you don't have to wait for the other digital download sites to update the patch.

I always try to purchase from as close to the source as possible to avoid patch delays.

-ZeroSum

That's actually a fairly good point. I've noticed Armada's patches on Impulse and Gamersgate are typically several days behind when it's available here.

Plus, by purchasing the game directly through Matrix, you get access to the beta patches as well (which is what I was playing with -- 1.400 beta -- when I first started the thread over at the Wargamer).

I certainly understand wanting to save $10.00, though. I personally don't mind paying the extra money for games like this, especially since it means it all goes directly to Matrix (whereas they only a get a certain percentage of the sales from DD sites), but that's just my own preference.

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your patience. I heard back from Bob and we will be reducing the price today.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
martok

Post by martok »

Nice! So is this going to be a sale, or a permanent price drop? And (since you know someone will ask if I don't) is the price decrease for the DD version only?

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

The price reduction is now live. It's a permanent price reduction which puts the new Download price at $29.99 and the new Physical price at $39.99. Have a look at our site front page. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
martok

Post by martok »

Outstanding news! Thanks, Erik. [8D]

Return to “Armada 2526 Series”