New twist on an old discussion

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Zenra

New twist on an old discussion

Post by Zenra »

I know various suggestions have been advanced and discussed on these forums for making MWIF available for beta testing to us anxiously awaiting its ultimate release, but I wanted to draw the group's attention to something different being done by Eagle Dynamics for the next installment of their excellent Digital Combat Simulator series:

Eagle Dynamics is offering customers willing to pre-purchase their upcoming A-10C simulator access to beta versions up to release; look here.

This is something a lot of people are taking advantage of (judging by the traffic on the ED forums); I know that I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough, and I would certainly be willing to do the same for MWIF.

Any chance that Matrix / Dave would be willing to extend such an offer - we pay now and get to play the betas until release?
Mitchell
wworld7

RE: New twist on an old discussion

Post by wworld7 »

This isn't a new twist, this idea has been floated before on other Matrix games in the past with no success.
Flipper
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Mitchell

I know various suggestions have been advanced and discussed on these forums for making MWIF available for beta testing to us anxiously awaiting its ultimate release, but I wanted to draw the group's attention to something different being done by Eagle Dynamics for the next installment of their excellent Digital Combat Simulator series:

Eagle Dynamics is offering customers willing to pre-purchase their upcoming A-10C simulator access to beta versions up to release; look here.

This is something a lot of people are taking advantage of (judging by the traffic on the ED forums); I know that I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough, and I would certainly be willing to do the same for MWIF.

Any chance that Matrix / Dave would be willing to extend such an offer - we pay now and get to play the betas until release?
David Heath hates to accept money for a future product. A lot of complications can occur in accounting (as compared to: take money, send product). There is also a real danger of bad publicity for a product 'released/sold' with known bugs.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Zenra

Post by Zenra »

Thanks for the replies - I do understand the concern. However, as is the case with the DCS product, the people here and following this tremendous development effort should generally know what they are signing up for. I wouldn't expect somebody new to World in Flames to be interested in such an offer, but those of us who have lived for years with continually evolving rules, interpretations and "Harrifications" are experienced at working with such a beast.

So, while I may disagree with Mr. Heath's position, I do respect and understand it. Never hurts to ask, though [:)]
Mitchell

Return to “World in Flames”