"Epsom" for BFTB

Post new maps, scenarios, estabs and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Seydlitz69

RE: Epsom Scenarios

Post by Seydlitz69 »

Where can I find the old ones for HTTR?
"He who has not fought the Germans does not know war". - British Military Aphorism
tukker

Post by tukker »

Any progress on this tukker?
I'm nearly there.
Where can I find the old ones for HTTR?
I actually had a very hard time finding these myself, got them in a Bit Torrent file of HTTR [X(]
If you send me a mail or PM with your adress, I'll mail them to you.

Pieter
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Cool.
tukker

Playtesters wanted

Post by tukker »

The good news[:)]: the Epsom scenario is ready. I'm looking for playtesters. If you're interested, just send me a PM with your e-mail adress, and I'll send you the files.

The bad news[:(] : I've somehow managed to overwrite both the Epsom Phase 4 scenario file and its backup. So this one's going to take a bit longer than expected [:@] Please be patient...

Pieter
tukker

Epsom Phase 4 ready for testing

Post by tukker »

It took a bit longer then expected [:o], but the new version of the Epsom Phase 4 scenario is ready for testing. If you're interested in doing so, send me a PM

Pieter
ulisin

Post by ulisin »

ORIGINAL: Rebel Yell

Cool.

very cool
tukker

Post by tukker »

The "Epsom" scenario can be downloaded from the games depot at www.wargamer.com
"Epsom Phase 4" is coming soon.

Pieter
Seydlitz69

Post by Seydlitz69 »

Great, but link is not working.
"He who has not fought the Germans does not know war". - British Military Aphorism
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: Seydlitz69

Great, but link is not working.

Indicates an Invalid Hostname.
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: tukker

The "Epsom" scenario can be downloaded from the games depot at www.wargamer.com.

Pieter

Tukker, you've got a period after .com in your link.
Prince of Eckmühl

The "Epsom" scenario can be downloaded from the games depot at www.wargamer.com.

Pieter

This should get everyone where they want to go:

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/details.asp?sid=4799
tukker

Post by tukker »

I've removed the [dot] in the original link, but this one's better. Thanks PoE !

Pieter
Prince of Eckmühl

I've removed the [dot] in the original link, but this one's better. Thanks PoE !

Pieter

NP, glad to be of help.
And thanks for your work on this. It looks excellent, and will no doubt be a lot of fun to play.

Since we're in the modder's forum, though, I have a question for you...

In examining your work in the estab editor, I noticed that you appear to have used the Pz.IV.j that's native to the BftB estabs. I'm looking at doing something from early-mid 1944 and am curious as to how you believe that a Pz.IV.g or Pz.IV.h might differ in terms of estab values from the "J" model? Or are these later series Pz.IV so similar in their essentials as to make any such differentiations unnecessary? Thoughts?
tukker

Post by tukker »

According to the description, the Pz IV Ausf J in the BFTB Estab already also represents late model Ausf G and Ausf H. Like you said, the late model Pz IVs were quite similar, and I don't think the differences matter in terms of gameplay. So I'd go with the Pz IV J without modifications.

Pieter
tukker

RE: "Epsom" for BFTB

Post by tukker »

The Epsom Phase 4 scenario can now be downloaded here: http://wargamer.com/gamesdepot/details.asp?sid=4800

Pieter
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

Playing thru as Germans right now- Historically, did the 12th SS just occupy those positions moments before the battle? Dug in/entrenched would make their defense a little more tenable. I'd already played as the British, and I crushed the 12th SS on the opening attack, and was basically waiting around the rest of the scenario picking off the reinforcements as they arrived.

Did you notice that it appears the bocage terrain 'overrides' the minor river and thick woods movement modifiers? At least I think this is what's happening. Motorized units can cross both at about 5% movement. By contrast the stream motorized movement modifier is 1%, so a motorized unit can supposedly cross a wider barrier, quicker. Is this intentional?

Historically, what happened during day 5? It looks like the II SS PzK doesn't get much time on map.

Post by tukker »

Franklin,

Dug in/entrenched would make their defense a little more tenable.
You're right, 12 SS should be dug in.
Did you notice that it appears the bocage terrain 'overrides' the minor river and thick woods movement modifiers? At least I think this is what's happening. Motorized units can cross both at about 5% movement. By contrast the stream motorized movement modifier is 1%, so a motorized unit can supposedly cross a wider barrier, quicker. Is this intentional?

No, it isn't. I'll have a look at it.
Historically, what happened during day 5? It looks like the II SS PzK doesn't get much time on map.

II SS Pz Korps' attack didn't manage to cut off VIII Corps south of the river Odon, nor to retake Cheux- but it did worry the British so much that they pulled back from Hill 112, thus in effect ending chance of succes of Operation Epsom.

Pieter
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

II SS Pz Korps' attack didn't manage to cut off VIII Corps south of the river Odon, nor to retake Cheux- but it did worry the British so much that they pulled back from Hill 112, thus in effect ending chance of succes of Operation Epsom.

Pieter
What do you think of extending the scenario by a day to let them fight it out in case the on-map situation differs from the historical?

Post by tukker »

Historically, II Pz Korps had to launch their attack before they were ready. The way the scenario is set up now, the Axis player has to do the same: launch the counterattack straightaway.  I'll have another look at the scenario, and think about extending it. In the meantime: feel free to open the ScenMaker and extend the scenario. [:)]  You could even upload the extended version so we can choose.

Pieter
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

Hmm, if you're ok with it I may do so; but I didn't want to modify your scenario and have multiple versions floating around (I've dealt with that headache too many times in real life).

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”