COSED - Allied replacement player in a 2x2 PBEM needed

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wernerpruckner

COSED - Allied replacement player in a 2x2 PBEM needed

Post by wernerpruckner »

I am looking for a replacement player in a 2x2 PBEM.

The two japanese players are very though and have a deep knowledge of the game.
My partner who was in charge of the Commonwealth (India, DEI, Aussie, NZ...) and all sub operations had to drop out for various reasons.

The game is in the middle of May 42.
The Japanese attack in Burma has been stopped.......and there is enough power here for small counter offensives
China is a mess (as usual)
There are still small spots of resistance in the PI and DEI.
There are no Japanese troops inNZ and Australia, but Noumea and Pagopago have been lost.

There have been two carrier battles.....one at Timor, were I was able to surpise two jap CVL and sunk them
The second carrier battle is still ongoing (5 US CV) vs KB (at least 7 CV, CVL + CVE) ....3 US hit hard....2 fully operational......at least one Jap fleet carrier sunk.

It would be nice to keep this game going on as a 2x2 game!
The enemy are two gamers from Germany and I am from Austria - but all of us have some knowledge of English.

More information can be provided.......
Smeulders

RE: Allied replacement player in a 2x2 PBEM needed

Post by Smeulders »

I might be interested in this, what scenario are we talking about ? As I'm pretty much a newbie (first PBEM ongoing, hasn't left 42') I'm not really interested in scenarios that give large advantages to the Japan, certainly not against more experienced players. The USN carrier situation doesn't seem to enticing, but as Commonwealth player that wouldn't really be my problem I guess. I'm from Belgium, basic knowledge of German, but it's not nearly as good as my English. Let me know more if you're interested.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
SoliInvictus202

Post by SoliInvictus202 »

I would be interested in playing with you but unfortunately I've read the AAR of your opponent and have been following it very closely (I assume this is the game against Hindenburg and Co) so I can't (oh...and yeah - I would have been a huge newbie too, so I doubt you would have accepted anyway [:D][:D] )

SolInvictus
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

So there's an AAR of the opposing side. I'm quite sure I don't follow it closely as I can't recall an AAR by Hindenburg, but I can't promise I've never read it.
SoliInvictus202

Post by SoliInvictus202 »

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

So there's an AAR of the opposing side. I'm quite sure I don't follow it closely as I can't recall an AAR by Hindenburg, but I can't promise I've never read it.

it's on a german forum - but good for you if you haven't read it - it's a great game they have going on!!! [:D]
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

it's on a german forum - but good for you if you haven't read it - it's a great game they have going on!!! [:D]

That would explain things
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

email send to Smeulders.......
Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

I have declined the offer of participating in this game, but I would encourage anyone who likes an interesting game to ask Swift for more information on this one. The situation which you'll be taking over is a challenge, but has potential to turn out very well for the Allies if played well. Swift has also been quite helpful in giving me the information I needed to make my decision so he seems like a good person to have besides you in a 2x2.
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

A new partner has been found! [8D]

smeulders:
thanx for your kind words.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”