Disbanding Oz Units

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

madflava13

Disbanding Oz Units

Post by madflava13 »

Quick question for the masses:
I am trying to disband an MG Bn or two to boost my pool strength. I have the units in Sydney but "disband unit" is greyed out. Are some units restricted? I thought these individual MG Bns would be perfect...

Am I missing something?
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
cantona2

RE: Disbanding Oz Units

Post by cantona2 »

Same thing is happening to me
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

ckammp

Post by ckammp »

Check to see if the unit has a withdraw date. Any unit with a withdraw date can not be disbanded.
IIRC, all but 1 of the Australian MG Bns have withdraw dates.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Also check if unit might be part of bigger unit in OOB. I am not sure if you can disband unit that is set to be able to combined with others unless you combine it and disband whole "parent" unit. 
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Smeulders

Post by Smeulders »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Also check if unit might be part of bigger unit in OOB. I am not sure if you can disband unit that is set to be able to combined with others unless you combine it and disband whole "parent" unit. 

I think you can, did it with a couple of Australian battalions if I'm not mistaken.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

It's not part of a larger OOB - I have Bns in Sydney that are, yet they can be disbanded. I'll check on the withdraw date - maybe that's it...
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
Djordje

Post by Djordje »

I think you need lots of supplies, as a measure to prevent disbanding of PI and Malaya defenders back into pool. Some large number comes out of my mind, maybe 100 000?
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

ORIGINAL: Djordje

I think you need lots of supplies, as a measure to prevent disbanding of PI and Malaya defenders back into pool. Some large number comes out of my mind, maybe 100 000?

You can't disband at Manila or Singapore anyway, so I wouldn't think thats a factor.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

Unless they are already set to withdraw they should be able to be disbanded at Sydney
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Manual says either 100k suppies _OR_ in a key base like Sydney. If outside a key base manual says it will cost a portion of the units VP value.

Though, I dont understand if that means it costs supply based on VP value or if it costs VPs itself.
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

I think the alternative disbands were removed in patch 2 only place to manually disband is the key cities now
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

Both units were due to withdraw at some point, so that's what my problem was - thanks to all who clued me in.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”