YAWAWRG (yet another waw revised game)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

82ndtrooper

RE: YAWAWRG (yet another waw revised game)

Post by 82ndtrooper »

ok after thinking it over for a couple hours I decided to toss the dice and see what happens.

I went for the kill and blockaded him in !

Attachments
ScreenHunt..14 02.37.jpg
ScreenHunt..14 02.37.jpg (268.23 KiB) Viewed 128 times
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

It could be a mistake if I have calculated his supply situation wrong but to win you have to take some risks.
82nd Airborne Division
Von Dudert

Post by Von Dudert »

Here's another posting from the Japanese imperial command

To counter the Soviets advanced out of Irkutsk that threatens Mukden, the Japanese command withdrew it's siege forces from around Vladivostok and consolidated most of their forces around the resource. A small garrison was left along the coastal rail line to keep Vladivostok isolated from Russian reinforcement.

Reinforcements including additional air support was brought up from the south to help guard against a Soviet thrust toward the coastal factory.

Attachments
manchurian.._regroup.jpg
manchurian.._regroup.jpg (96.72 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Von Dudert

Post by Von Dudert »

On the following turn the Soviets decided to launch an attack against Mukden, supported by infantry and guns. Fortunately the garrison managed to beat off the attack, inflicting heavy casualties. This left the Soviets exposed to a counter attack from the units positioned to the northeast.

Attachments
Aug2941..kMukden.jpg
Aug2941..kMukden.jpg (94.95 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Von Dudert

Post by Von Dudert »

After a preliminary air attack, the Japanese attacked from the north and east. The leading Soviet infantry corp was driven back to the south where additional Japanese units joined in the attack. The Soviet corp has ceased to be a threat. I elected not to pursue the attack against the Soviet HQ. This may be a mistake, but the imperial command is trying to fight only winning battles here in Manchuria. Japan's reinforcement ability is pretty low and infantry losses will be expected in later in China.

Attachments
manchuria_..aug2941.jpg
manchuria_..aug2941.jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Von Dudert

Post by Von Dudert »

In central China I have brought up reinforcements along with heavy artillery. Enemy positions south of Wuhan were shelled resulting in light casualties. The Chinese have a lot infantry at their disposal. They may reinforce that position. We'll see how well the artillery barrage works next turn before deciding if an infantry attack looks to have any promise.

Elsewhere in the Pacific all is still quiet.

Attachments
centralch..aug2941.jpg
centralch..aug2941.jpg (22.78 KiB) Viewed 128 times
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Fourth turn for operation Barbarossa.

Finland and the northern sector: armee nord keeps heading for Leningrad but the Russian air forces
managed to destroy the bridge which resulted in a less swift advance. But not for long and the first art shells will fall on the city. Good news from Finnish armies at Helsinki, they almost destroyed the two units approaching the city. This will lead to another month of liberty.

Center: here my troops advance whit almost no opposition. Only blown bridges are slowing down are units. We launched an airstrike on Moscow to test the defense. Tula and that other city in the center are in striking distance. If winter isn’t in the land they will get hit.

Southern sector: we reached Kartov. Next turn it could fall. Sebastopol is cut off from the rest. It soon will feel the might of our armee.

In N-Africa we decided against an attack on the WA fleet.
We wait for a better opportunity, meanwhile Rommel continuous to his efforts towards Cairo.
Attachments
Barbarossa..ing_sept.jpg
Barbarossa..ing_sept.jpg (121.3 KiB) Viewed 129 times
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

well The Sea Fleas have all arrived that are coming and the Admiralty decide to launch one massive attack on the Axis forces in Tobruk.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.08.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.08.jpg (415.79 KiB) Viewed 128 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

and success !! finally the naval Battle Of Tobruk is over.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.11.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.11.jpg (224.34 KiB) Viewed 128 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

We didn't take Tobruk yet but the Italian fleet is no longer a threat. Our Naval losses have been high and this was a hard fought battle so we hope to finally take Tobruk via land and Wavell is ordered to start an assault and advance west to Tobruk

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.13.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.13.jpg (387.03 KiB) Viewed 128 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

Wavell's initial attack is a success and the axis forces are retreating

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.15.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.15.jpg (312.26 KiB) Viewed 125 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

a look at the totals for the turn.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.54.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.54.jpg (37.9 KiB) Viewed 125 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

and scrolled down

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.54.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.54.jpg (37.24 KiB) Viewed 125 times
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

and some of the overall totals.
I would bet that I lost 40 of those C-Air III in the med. Drommel executed a masterful defense.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0200.55.jpg
ScreenHunt..0200.55.jpg (98.02 KiB) Viewed 125 times
82nd Airborne Division
ehzorg

Post by ehzorg »

It's now November of 1941, and the snows have finally come. Now that the initial thrust of Barbarossa is over, I hope to post a summary of action from the Soviet point of view with screenshots in the next couple days.

The Wehrmacht has advanced to the gates of Moscow, and nearly to the gates of Leningrad. Helsinki has fallen to the Soviets, but control of Finland has not yet been totally secured. The remnants of Finish and German forces still linger in the wooded hills NW of Helsinki. The Reich maintains effective air superiority across the entire front, our only counter has been to keep vulnerable equipment out of harms way up to this point. In the south, the German advance has been temporarily stalled at the Don - Rostov has fallen, but the gates to the Caucuses still hold. Our biggest concern at this time is the area North of Stalingrad and South of Moscow; defenses at Voronezh have been overrun leaving the road to Saratov vulnerable to Panzer advance. Stalin has transferred what resources he can to the area, but they may not reach sufficient fighting capacity to hold on.

Hopefully the winter will bring a change in momentum...
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

Now the battle is over for Italian navy, I have some issues.
1) I did the past few turns a lot of recon flights with my fighters just to draw out
those carrier planes to fight away from their protecting cruisers.
But they didn’t respond at all. So were they set to not intercept. If this was the case, shouldn’t there be a penalty applying to supply intercepting, and even better for defending their fleet?
2) Imo there is some unbalance between ca-fighters and landbased fighters.
Ca-fighters defend and attack together with their fleet, while landbased fighters only defend but can’t attack together with the fleet. They have to go in alone without support of naval ships. A combint attack would be better here.

Now some questions about those Italians.
When the Italians begin to lose their territories (N-Africa, Z-Italy, Rome), which units and how will they be affected. Only the sub-units that are designated for people Italian, and what about the subunits in the same unit.
For example ; a unit consist of a coast battery (ital), some rifle (ital), smg (germ) and AA (germ). What is the overall effect on this unit? Will it disappear completely when the Italians surrender or just those Italian sub-units.

I hoop I make some sens here?
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

As far as I know, ONLY SFT's that are of the people type Italian will disappear from the unit. I can't see any circumstance in which a GE SFT would disappear.
ehzorg

Post by ehzorg »

First, let me apologize to anyone with a modem or slow broadband for the size of this image (about 5M).

This shows the movement of forces on the Eastern front during the first summer of the war, June - Oct 1941.

You will notice that both the German player (DRommel) and the Soviet player (myself) have stacked the Northern front with what appears to be our strongest forces. Initially, I moved the entire Red army artillery and air forces up to Leningrad. My intention being to get them as far from the German border as possible, while still keeping their power points within the 4 hex radius needed to maintain "forward deployment". My plan was to achieve local firepower supremacy against Finland and hopefully knock it out of the war early. Elsewhere I tried to blow as many bridges as possible with roving engineers and position anything worth keeping (HQs, heavy equipment) near escape routes across major rivers.

Barbarossa began with a strong thrust by the Wehrmacht toward Rostov, supported by amphibious and airborne landings around Talinin on the Baltic and Minsk to the center. I had hoped to hold Riga and the Daugava river defenses for at least a couple turns, but DRommel would have none of that. Riga fell on the second turn after being cut-off from behind and pummeled by artillery. After that it was a mad dash back toward Leningrad and Novgorod, hoping to cripple the Finnish in time to redeploy my artillery before Leningrad was cut-off. By sheer luck I was able to blow one key bridge to the SE of Pskov which may have given me an additional turn to setup defenses near Leningrad.

German AGs Center and South made rapid progress to the Dneiper, and were held up just long enough by blown bridges and the Odessa defense to allow the bulk of my forces to retreat toward Moscow and the Caucuses. I've had no choice but to give ground here, having moved most my support to the North. The German advanced continued rapidly through the Ukraine and up to the Don & Volga. By September and October we were already fighting in the outskirts of Moscow, and Voronezh, Rostov are both in German hands.

Luckily the snows came a bit early this year - November is cold...
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

I had no trouble loading that at all it was instant but I am on cable.

I must say that is very nice and I sat and looked at it for 15 mins. its like watching a short movie. I am very impressed.

I declare you the winner of the AAR war !!!!

taking Finland is a very smart move and well done. That should help Leningrad hold on for much longer since it cant be surrounded now.
82nd Airborne Division
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

advancing west along North Africa and struggling to get that huge navy in the med refitted and resupplied.

My supply reserves will be gone.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0715.14.jpg
ScreenHunt..0715.14.jpg (379.15 KiB) Viewed 128 times
82nd Airborne Division

Return to “After Action Reports”